ASIP Housing Caseworker
Job Overview: The Housing Caseworker works closely with clients, who are going through the ASIP application process and/or have been approved for ASIP assistance, in following up on housing referrals, access to housing services, and provide ongoing logistical support as needed. The Housing Caseworker reports to the Housing Casework Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Coordinate with ASIP Intake Specialists to identify households who need case management support.
· Conduct expanded intake with households who have housing and other identified needs.
· Assess and monitor client progress to support their attainment of established goals, address challenges, and to ensure that available resources are utilized.
· Coordinate with resettlement agencies to determine which housing case management services will be provided by the RA and by ASIP.
· Support households to identify secure safe, sanitary, and affordable housing for newly arriving refugees in compliance with established program requirements.
· For non-assigned households, support the facilitation of lease signing and renewals, discussions with property manager, arranging payments, conducting home safety inspection, and setting up utilities.
· For other identified needs (e.g. pubic benefits, health), provide warm referrals to households.
· Detail each client interaction in accordance with established requirements. Input client information in database(s) and assist with tracking and reporting as needed.
· Collaborate effectively with coworkers and partner organizations to support a positive resettlement experience.
· Use personal, insured vehicle and/or public transportation (where available) to travel and transport clients and materials as needed throughout the service delivery area.
- May train and lead the activities of support staff, volunteers, and interns. - Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant professional experience required. - Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships. - Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment. - Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
· Superb organization, planning, and logistical skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product. - Ability to regularly lift ~50 lbs. - Fluent in English, both spoken and written. Fluency in Dari and/or Pashto a plus. - Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research and problem-solving purposes. - Valid driver’s license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities. - May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement****: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity****: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer****: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.