Referral & Waitlist Manager, Afghan Support & Investment Project
Job Overview: The Referral & Waitlist Manager trains and manages the Customer Service Specialist and Housing Specialist, providing regular supervision and support. They will be responsible in ensuring all questions, concerns, and complaints from ASIP participants and stakeholders are responded to professionally, compliantly, comprehensively, and in alignment with IRC's SOPs. They will also manage the coordination for co-location of their team, particularly with other RAs and community centers. The position will report to the Project Director.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Oversee the recruitment, hiring and training of Customer Service and Housing Specialists and ensure that they are managed in accordance with IRC’s People Manager Standards.
· Oversee operations of housing support and customer service, providing guidance, leadership and direct support in all aspects of service provision
· Support team to problem solve issues and liaise on challenging cases.
· Ensure that services and responses are delivered in a timely manner.
· Evaluate and report staff performance.
· Provide career development and learning opportunities to staff to build the service delivery leadership strengths of all within the department.
· Collaborate with Specialist and Project Director on developing a customer service strategy and SOP for inquiry system
· Develop an efficient tracking system to monitor inquiries and complaints; ensure timely responses to ASIP participants and stakeholders
· Develop referral information and materials, building relationships with partner to facilitate warm referrals for services
· Collaborate with Specialist and Project Director on developing a housing support strategy and tracking mechanism to monitor housing availability for waitlisted ASIP participants
· Monitor to ensure compliance with all program standards and grant requirements in accordance with donor and IRC.
· Ensure that all digital and hard copy information is maintained in accordance with policies and guidelines.
· Maintain ongoing communication with the Project Director on the status of referrals and waitlist.
· Represent IRC in meetings and events with local partners and community stakeholders.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field of study preferred.
· Minimum of five years related work experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
· Minimum of two years of experience in managing human service programs including experience in supervising staff.
· Familiar with federally funded refugee/asylee/immigrant casework programs, with an understanding of strategies and best practices that build self-sufficiency
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
· Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
· Demonstrated success handling conflict and crucial conversations.
· Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
· Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
· Fluent in English, both spoken and written; proficiency in language(s) spoken by IRC’s clients is desired; including, Dari, and/or Pashto.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research and problem-solving purposes.
· Partial remote, partial in-office work.
· May require occasional work out of partner agencies’ offices.
· May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement****: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity****: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer****: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.