Human Resources Associate, Crises Response Recovery and Development Unit (CRRD), HQ Teams
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 27 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join the global HR team as Human Resources Associate for IRC’s Crisis Response, Recovery and Development Department. In this role you will lead HR administrative activities in support of staff based around the world and will collaborate with fellow HR team members to improve and streamline HR processes. Bringing a client-service approach, the HR Associate will enhance the overall employee experience and help improve the strategic reporting capabilities for the team. The HR Associate reports to the Human Resources Director for Crises Response, Recovery and Development Department’s HQ Teams and works closely with HQ and Regional HR Partners.
Do you have a strong work ethic and experience in human resources? Are you passionate about IRC's mission, making a positive impact and seeing an improvement in peoples work lives? Then join us!
We’ll trust you to provide frontline support including and not limited to:
- Support the HR Partners, Line Managers and other client groups within the CRRD HQ teams in managing the full employee experience, from on-boarding to exit management, ensuring all processes are performed in a timely, efficient, and client-centered manner and in alignment with employment laws and policies - Act as a first line "go-to" for employee inquiries about IRC policies and processes, resources and programs, resolving requests and advancing to the HR Partner as needed - Partner with HR Associate, HR Operations and other HR colleagues in the IRC’s Headquarters on all administrative aspects of HR communications and reporting, policies and procedures, helping to deliver key data insights for the unit - Participate in special HR and administrative projects, including review and analysis of job descriptions, collecting and organizing survey data, conducting research, partnering to develop and scale communications, employee engagement and learning programs and other tasks that may arise
Your clients and colleagues will depend on you to:
- Demonstrate a depth of knowledge and understanding of IRC's HR strategy, policies and programs and be able to advise and resolve issues by applying IRC’s policy to actual employee inquiries and experiences - Demonstrate ability to provide advice and guidance on the US employment laws and ability to learn and understand the employment laws in other IRC countries where CRRD HQ teams and client groups are based - Effectively partner with HR functional teams such as Recruitment, HRIS, Compensation, Benefits, Talent Management and HR Operations to meet client needs - Provide HR administrative support to HQ employee (clients) including CRRD HQ Central Teams and Technical Excellence teams
You need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience of 2+ years in an HR support function - Ability to execute with excellence in a fast paced, global environment, commitment to innovation and continuous improvement - Strong analytical and organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task on various initiatives - A highly motivated, energizing attitude that inspires others - Strong written and verbal communication skills; outstanding capabilities in MS Word, Excel, including data analyses and maintenance, and PowerPoint; experience in Workday and applicant tracking systems a plus - Working knowledge and understanding of federal and multi-state employment laws
We’d love to see:
- Experience in a large, matrixed organization and/or within a non-profit setting - Demonstrated ability to inspire trust and openness amongst colleagues and clients together with a reputation for high personal integrity! - PHR, PHR/CA, or equivalent certification is a plus - Proficiency in Spanish, French and/or Arabic
· To help you stay energized, engaged, and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, learning and development opportunities, comprehensive healthcare, and a generous, flexible time off policy so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about
· Flexible office work environment and/or work from home
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).