Application deadline 6 months ago: Sunday 6 Mar 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a DRC - National contract. More about DRC - National contracts.
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Driver.
About the Job
• Drive DRC staff and assets/equipment in a safe and reliable manner • Maintain the safety and good running condition of DRC vehicle being used
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Duties and Responsibilities****:
- Responsible for any vehicle he/she is driving, transporting authorized DRC personnel on official duty and cargo to the points of destination. This includes collecting materials from projects and suppliers
- Pick and drop the assigned users of vehicle
- Drive safely the passengers, keeping in mind the security of passengers and belongings
- Assist passengers to load and unload personal or official belongings
- Fill out the vehicle logbook and ensure passenger signature for every trip
- Ensure the car is always at minimum half a tank and to refuel when necessary
- Responsible for the designated vehicles being representative and clean (interior as well as exterior) at all times
- Perform general check up on the cars (engine oil, brake oil, tire pressure, wiper fluid, radiator fluid, etc.) to make sure the car is road worthy in the morning
- Ensure all vehicle’s equipment and tools are clean and in place
- Physical inspection of all DRC-rented vehicles upon request by fleet manager
- Provide assistance in all procurement and supply requisitions of office and project equipment, supplies, materials, and furniture as tasked by Supervisor
- Other relevant task given by the supervisor
- Pick-up or delivery goods to or from the site
- Implement duties in line with the DRC Code of Conduct and represent DRC in a good way
- Respect of national driving laws
To be successful in this role, you must have a valid driving licence.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Proven driving experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of local area
- Technical expertise in basic vehicle repairs
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures
- Must be able to maintain high level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement
- Fluency in local language
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 10 Months
Employment Band: J
Designation of Duty Station: Şanlıurfa
Start date: 28.03.2022
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 06.03.2022
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.