Administrative & HR Assistant
Application deadline 5 months ago: Tuesday 29 Mar 2022 at 00:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV National Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Specialist contracts.
The number of UN Volunteers in Comoros has been increasing steadily over the past several years. UNDP Comoros has been supporting the volunteer recruitment and volunteer management processes. The Administrative Assistant will strengthen the UNDP HR`s capacity, and support all procedures, related to recruitment of UNVs, UNVs’ contracts, human resource records mainte-nance and drafting respective correspondence, analysis of recruitment policies at country level and advisory input into improvement of recruitment processes, promotion of the UN Volunteer modality to the staff in charge of human resources in partner agencies.
Under the direct supervision of Head of the Human Resources in UNDP Comoros and the overall guidance of the International Operations Manager UNDP Comoros, UNV Field Unit in Madagascar, and the ESARO Regional Portfolio Specialist, the UN Volunteer will under-take the following tasks:
- UNV Recruitments
- Arrange interviews for UN Volunteer positions with host organisations - Prepare briefing packs for incoming UN Volunteers - Support new UNVs with onboarding process - Briefing incoming National/International UN Volunteers - Maintain the UNV information and contact list - Draft Interview reports and interview correspondence to candidates - Become familiar with and develop any form of traditional and or local volunteering at the country level - Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteers
- Administrative and Logistics
- Support with peparing travel documents for UNV events - Support International UNV’s in processing protocolar documents - Advise UNV’s on (leave, training, resignation,end of contracts, extension and exit) procedures as per the UNV Conditions of Service - Submit payment documents to finance - Conduct exit Interviews for National and International UNV’s - Provide other administrative and logistical support to the UN Volunteers, when required
- Records Maintenance
- Open, maintain and update UNV personal files for both National and International UN Volunteers in the UNV corporate IT system called UVP - Keep an leave records of UN Volunteers
- General Correspondence
- Draft recruitment correspondence as applicable and when requested
- Support UN Volunteer mobilization
- Support UN Entities in Comoros with all relevant information on UNV and utilization of UN Volunteers in their programming - Support outreach activities in the country to relevant candidates for national UN Volunteer assignments - Act as a focal point for online volunteers and accreditation of OV service organizations in a country or multiple countries, focusing on supporting Host Entities with developing OV opportunities through advocacy engagements and promoting the con-cept of OV.
- Other duties
- Maintain open communications with all UN Volunteers serving in Comoros and organize events/townhalls to ensure the UN Volunteers have access to information and build up a team spirit
- Support International Volunteer Day celebrations in the country - Undertake any other related duties to volunteer recruitment and management;
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to: - Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark IVD) ; - Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country ; - Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, includ-ing participation in ongoing reflection activities ; - Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc. ; - Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers ; - Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Accountability, Client Orientation, Communication, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
/ relating to human resources management, administration, knowledge management, communication experience will be an asset - Strong interpersonal and organizational skills ; - Interest in volunteer initiatives and volunteer related work ; - Ability to prioritize tasks ; - Excellent time management ability ; - Computer skills : advanced office software use, Excel.
The assignment is based in UNDP Country Office in Comoros.