Administration Senior Assistant
Application deadline in 11 days: Tuesday 12 Dec 2023 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a LICA-5 contract. This kind of contract is known as Local Individual Contractor Agreements. It is normally only for nationals. It's an external contract. It usually requires 5 years of experience, depending on education. More about LICA-5 contracts.
Background Information - Job-specific
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners' peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. UNOPS supports partners to build a better future by providing services that increase the efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of peace building, humanitarian and development projects. Mandated as a central resource of the United Nations, UNOPS provides sustainable project management, procurement and infrastructure services to a wide range of governments, donors and United Nations organizations.
The Stop TB Partnership is a unique and innovative global health organization that brings together partners’ expertise, funding, commodities, and people-centered services in our shared mission to transform the tuberculosis (TB) space and end TB by 2030. The Stop TB Partnership is guided by three (3) strategic goals to:
- Advocate, catalyze, and facilitate sustained coordination and collaboration among partners;
- Support the development, replication, and scale-up of innovative approaches and tools; and
- Facilitate global, equitable access to TB diagnostics and medicines.
Background - Team
The Stop TB Partnership’s Country and Community Support for Impact (CCS4i) Team, works on three complementary priorities:
- technically strong country responses;
- empowered networks of people affected by TB, and engaged civil society and other key stakeholders;
- advancement of rights-based, gender sensitive TB response that prioritizes TB key and vulnerable populations.
Through its Challenge Facility for Civil Society (CFCS), CCS4i Team provides tools to facilitate the involvement of people affected by TB and civil society in all aspects of the TB response and grants to partners in lower-income and/or high TB burden countries to remove social, legal and economic barriers to universal access to TB prevention, diagnosis, treatment, care and support services, create demand for highest quality drugs and diagnostics, community-led monitoring of TB service quality, advocacy for law and policy change, and elevating the voice of TB survivors in national and global TB governance. Through country-level STPPlatforms CCS4i Team mobilize and engage country key stakeholders for advocacy, awareness, visibility, and demand creation.
Under the direct supervision of the CCS4i Team Lead, and working closely with the Programme Management Support Associate and Grant Management Analyst, the Administration Senior Assistant provides support to office operations performing a variety of standard administrative processes and programme support, ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
Functions / Key Results Expected 1. Administrative Support 2. Travel and Logistics support 3. Support capacity Building and Knowledge Sharing
1. Administrative Support Working closely with the Programme Management Support Associate: - Follows up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to the head of the unit.
Provides administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
Supports the organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, and their preliminary evaluation. Preparation of POs.
Collects and processes information for Certification of Payment from Technical Assistance Consultants/retainers in order to guarantee the prompt remuneration for services offered.
Processes payment requests of services delivered.
Acts as point of contact with visitors and staff, arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes.
Compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings and missions.
Maintenance of hard copy and electronic files, reference materials and confidential records as required.
Supports in the preparation of the administrative budget plan for the office and collects information in support of the organization of common administrative services.
Translation of simple correspondence, when needed.
Supports, as needed, with grant related processes including document processing, payment requests, document filing and maintaining documents in the Grant Management System (GMS) (with guidance from the Grant Management Analyst).
Provides administrative support to the wider Stop TB Partnership as requested by Team Lead, particularly during high-volume periods.
2. Travel and Logistics Support - Processes travel transactions (authorizations and claims) including in OneUNOPS system, requests for visas, identity cards and other documents for all personnel, UN officials, and visitors, ensuring compliance with UN rules and regulations.
Provides information on air services, rates and travel schedules for specific itineraries. Processes travel claims in OneUNOPS and purchase orders for travel activities, payments, and contracts.
Organizes shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UNOPS shipments (received/sent), all necessary documentation, and implementation of follow-up actions.
Provides support with respect to protocol issues and requests for official documentation, focusing on achievement of the following results:
Punctual delivery of official protocol certificates; arrangements with UN departments for all issues related to official documentation to be provided to/from international staff, such as visa requirements, work permit, security requirements, health, etc.
Arrangements with UN departments for official documentation to be provided for import/export or transfer of goods.
Provision of accurate and comprehensive information to staff on the supporting documents needed by staff and his/her dependants, and import/export or transfer of goods; updated list of the required documents made available to each staff member/unit
Accurate information provided to individual/unit upon request on administrative steps required and the status of his/her project file,
Accurate and timely information on processes and pending issues to the concerned individuals/unit
3. Support Capacity Building and Knowledge sharing - Supports the organization and delivery of training and learning initiatives for personnel on Administration-related topics.
Provides sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in Administration.
Contributes feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively
Maintains unit’s documentation including records and files, ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials
Impact of Results
The effective and successful achievement of results by the Administration Senior Assistant directly affect the overall efficiency of the team’s administrative services, impacting the office’s capacity to efficiently and effectively service the operational needs of the office/programme. Timely and accountable delivery of services, ensures client satisfaction and promotes the image and credibility of the team and office as an effective service provider in project services and management. This enhances UNOPS’ competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services in the country/region served.
Education:- Completion of secondary school is required.
A first university degree preferably in Business Administration, Public Administration, or equivalent disciplines is desirable but not required.
In the absence of a degree, administrative certification is an asset
Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in general administrative, or operations’ support services in national or international public or corporate organizations.
Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
Experience in use of Enterprise systems including OneUNOPS is desirable.
Fluency in English is required.
Knowledge of another official UNOPS language, in particular French and/or Spanish, is an asset.
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles. Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role). Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries. Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements. Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving. Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Individual Contractor Agreement (ICA) Contract level: Local ICA 5 / ICS-5 Contract duration: One year, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/Individual-Contractor-Agreements.aspx
This position is based in Switzerland and the contract fee is not exempt from Swiss laws, including but not limited to laws regarding taxation, social security, accident and health insurance.
- Please note, this position is based in Geneva, Switzerland and therefore, the selected incumbent will have to register with the Swiss authorities and comply with local regulations, including but not limited to - Taxation and Social Security - including the employers' contribution. Additionally, the incumbent will have to purchase a Swiss based insurance (LaMal) within the first three months on contract, UNOPS will help subsidize the cost of this insurance, upon show of proof and for an amount up to 570 CHF
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Geneva, Switzerland is a UN Family Duty Station
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.