Repost) New Internship Recruitment (16 weeks, Working environment (HR Development) and Business Development, Asuncion, Paraguay
Application deadline 4 months ago: Wednesday 14 Sep 2022 at 04:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a Internship contract. More about Internship contracts.
Internship (16 weeks), Working environment (Climate), Asuncion, Paraguay
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, hope
Under the supervision of the Country Office Representative and in coordination with the Human Resources Associate, the Personnel Association, and other relevant working groups, investigates and analyzes data and information to support efforts to identify needs and solutions for a better work environment in the country office, supports resource mobilization efforts and supports preparation of technical reports and documents.
Objectives of this internship are:
- Preparation and execution of proposals aligned with the organizational strategy to promote the organization´s values (CRITAS)
- Support the execution of activities actions to promote culture of respect and trust and an inclusive work environment
- Implement internal communication activities to make visible the benefits promoted by the well-being area, with the aim of improving the work environment.
- Contribute to the preparation of other activities or initiatives in the area based on the results obtained in the satisfaction surveys.
- Support resource mobilization through multilateral, bilateral and domestic resources, including the preparation of proposals.
- Support the preparation of technical reports and documents in line with strategic priorities.
- Support other relevant activities as agreed with the supervisor.
- At least two proposals to promote promotion of CRITAS
- At least three events or activities for the strengthening of work environment.
- At least two brief reports that summarize improvements
- At least two resource mobilization proposals.
- At lest two technical reports and documents.
- Other activities as defined by the supervisor
Modality: Part time
Start date: September 2022
Workplace: Asuncion, Paraguay Country Office or remote.
Duration: 16 weeks
Reporting to: The intern will report to the Representative in coordination with the Human Resources Associate, based on Asuncion Paraguay.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• Be enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate degree program or has graduated in the last two years, in organizational psychology, organizational communication, sociology, industrial engineering, social sciences or relevant areas of work of UNICEF.
• Have an excellent academic performance as evidenced by recent records from the university or institution.
• Have no immediate relatives (eg father, mother, brother, sister) working in any UNICEF office.
• Not having other family members in the line of authority to whom the inmate will depend.
• Relevant experience in project management, academic research, or other coordination task.
• Familiarity with social research techniques.
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
• Experience / skills in the use of data processing tools: SPSS, Excel and / or Stata.
• Work experience in developing countries is seen as an asset.
• Excellent communication, writing and organization skills.
• Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
Ability to organize own work, set priorities and meet deadlines. Takes initiative to ensure that deadlines, rules, and regulations are met. Proactivity. Demonstrates courtesy, tact and ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Fluency in Spanish; fluency in English is a plus.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITAS) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF offers reasonable accommodation for personnel with disabilities. This may include, for example, accessible software, travel assistance for missions or personal attendants. We encourage you to disclose your disability during your application in case you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process and afterwards in your assignment.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
The selected candidate is solely responsible to ensure that the visa (applicable) and health insurance required to perform the duties of the contract are valid for the entire period of the contract. Selected candidates are subject to confirmation of fully-vaccinated status against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) with a World Health Organization (WHO)-endorsed vaccine, which must be met prior to taking up the assignment. It does not apply to selected candidates who will work remotely and are not expected to work on or visit UNICEF premises, programme delivery locations or directly interact with communities UNICEF works with, nor to travel to perform functions for UNICEF for the duration of their contracts.