Rehabilitation Consultant to support the construction/adaptation of Independent Living Centers
Application deadline 1 year ago: Sunday 26 Dec 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a National Consultant contract. More about National Consultant contracts.
“Stronger Services for Equal Participation and Inclusive Development” is the joint project of UNDP and UNICEF funded by the Government of the Russian Federation. The project aims at strengthening the basic service provision system in Armenia through a life-cycle approach and establishment of continuous care and support to children and adults with disabilities. This includes habilitation and rehabilitation, health, social and developmental services in all regions of Armenia. The overarching goal of the project is to create a system of disability assessment and service provision which, in addition to providing services, also addresses issues identified by a medical diagnosis, ensures compliance with the right of people with disabilities, and promotes full participation in social and economic life.
The Project aims to:
- Improve access to services and programmes for persons with disabilities (with special attention on children) at the/or close to the place of their residence through modernized and strengthened service centers.
- Establish policy framework to support the modernized and strengthened multi-disciplinary service provision in habilitation, rehabilitation, assistive technology, and assistance and support services at community level.
- Strengthen capacities at national and local levels for policy makers and service providers to ensure quality and timely service provision to children and persons with disabilities.
- Raise society’s awareness of disability issues and foster greater knowledge among children and adults with disabilities on their rights and on how to exercise them.
Scope of work:
At the current stage, the project will identify strategically located service provision/rehabilitation centers to fully equip and strengthen them, so they could serve as service provision hubs for certain regions. This will allow bringing high-quality services closer to people throughout Armenia. Depending on the costs and availability of the budget the number of the centers will range from 4 to 6.
UNDP Armenia Country Office is seeking a highly-skilled national Rehabilitation Consultant with profound experience in the provision of rehabilitation and habilitation services with coordination and management experience and a comprehensive understanding of the principles laid down in the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD), the basics ofthe International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) and WHO standards and regulations in the sphere or rehabilitation.
The incumbent will work in close collaboration with Consultant/Company on Architecture and Design advising on subtleties of appropriate adaptation and equipment of ICLs and on the improvements of rehabilitation and habilitation services and coordinate related follow-up activities, including but not limited to capacity building of medical personnel and equipment supply.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will work under the direct supervision of UNDP Stronger Services Project Coordinator, in collaboration with UNICEF and WHO, as well as with the key national counterparts of the Project and will assume the following responsibilities:
- Support the Project Coordinator through direct coordination of the rehabilitation and habilitation component of the Project in close collaboration with the other team members of the Project and the Experts, with UNICEF and WHO teams and with the Working Group formed by National Counterparts.
- Conduct desk review of existing reports and assessments, including the Concept for the CILs and analyze the data on rehab needs, on the existing rehab services and infrastructure as well as individual needs.
- Work closely with the Project Team and National Consultant on Architecture and Design to identify and jointly design the best possible options for establishment of the Centers of Excellence/Centers for Independent Living (CILs) with due consideration of the rehab and habilitation services and the comuncation and synergies between those centers.
- Understand the available capacity in the selected communities regarding the rehabilitation and habilitation services, and the needs for capacity building, as per the options provided by the Government counterparts.
- Develop an action plan identifying the key areas to be addressed and suggesting activities that will strengthen rehabilitation and habilitation services.
- Develop capacity-building activities for medical personnel addressing the gaps at the primary, secondary and tertiary levels of the health care system in the selected regions.
- Participate in the selection and allocation of the appropriate equipment that would be transferred to the identified CILs.
- Help to deepen relationships with existing partners and donors, either through direct engagement or by supporting and coordinating engagement activity with colleagues.
Description of deliverables
1. Inputs on rehabilitation requirements for equipment and personnel provided for the Design document of 4-6 CILs
30 March 2022
2. Capacity building on rehabilitation action plan designed based on needs and completed for the staff of 4-6 CILs identified
30 July 2022
Payment will be made in 2 installments upon completion and approval of the deliverables by the UNDP country office:
- Deliverable 1 50 %
- Deliverable 2 50 %
- Excellent coordination and ability to handle a large volume of work under time constraints;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with people of different social and cultural backgrounds;
- Political and situational sensitivity and commitment to UNDP’s mission;
- Demonstration of initiative, tact and high sense of responsibility and discretion;
Required Skills and Experience
- At least first level of a university degree in Public Health, Disaster Management or a related field;
- At least five years of practical experience in Occupational Therapy or Prosthetics and Orthotics or Rehabilitation Services at the national and/or international levels;
- Experience in developing similar facilities design and equipment
- Strong understanding of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) and the basics of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) and smth on WHO as well as local needs;
- Good knowledge of the rehabilitation service global trends and contemporary approaches, as well as understanding if knowledge and technology transfer methods;
- Experience in project management would be an asset.
- Fluency in Armenian and English is required (written and oral), knowledge of Russian is an asset.
CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING METHODOLOGY:
Candidates will be evaluated using a cumulative analysis method taking into consideration the combination of the applicants' technical qualifications, experience and financial proposal.The contract will be awarded to the candidate whose offer has been evaluated and determined as technically responsive/compliant/acceptable to the requirements of the ToR and received the highest cumulative (technical and financial) score out of below defined technical and financial criteria.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation would be considered for financial evaluation.
Technical Criteria - 70% of total evaluation - max. 70 points
Financial Criteria - 30% of total evaluation - max. 30 points.
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION.
- Financial Proposal and Availability form: OFFEROR’S LETTER TO UNDP (A total lump sum option is applicable for this assignment)
- CV shall include Education/Qualification, Processional Certification, Employment Records /Experience
General Conditions of Contract is available here: GENERAL CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
Note: Please note you can upload only one document to this application (scan all documents that should be included in the application in one single PDF file and upload it).