Regional Finance and Compliance Manager
Application deadline 5 months ago: Sunday 24 Sep 2023 at 21:00 UTCOpen application form
On behalf of the European Commission, the Goethe-Institut has assumed management of the programme “Support to Public Service Media in the Western Balkans” with an overall budget value of Є3.3 million. The programme will be implemented in collaboration with the Deutsche Welle Akademie. It will aim to-wards a realistic reform of public service media in the Western Balkan countries, notably by introducing new collaborative approaches and innovative tools for quality production and audience engagement.
The programme will work with Public Service Media (PSM) entities in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, and Serbia offering the following components:
• tailored in-house consultancies to improve internal governance and organisational performance in response to specific needs and priorities of each PSM; • capacity-building programmes for PSM media professionals such as innovation labs, hackathons, multimedia workshops, mentoring and masterclasses, training of trainers, conducting focus groups; • regional cooperation, networking, and visibility opportunities for PSMs to expand partnerships in the region; • various grant scheme offers for PSM, management, journalists and technical staff focused on enhancing high-quality, audience-relevant and innovative programming, and reporting.
For this programme we are seeking to hire a
REGIONAL FINANCE AND COMPLIANCE MANAGER – SUPPORT TO PUBLIC SERVICE MEDIA IN THE WESTERN BALKANS
This is a full-time position until 31st October 2026. The position can be based in one of our offices in either Athens (Greece), Belgrade (Serbia) or Skopje (North Macedonia). The role might require travel to the Western Balkan region.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The Regional Finance and Compliance Manager, under the supervision of the Program Team Leader, will have responsibility for all aspects of operational finance of the programme. This includes effective management of financial risk, compliance and financial control, planning, grants provision mechanisms, monitoring and financial analysis that supports the Team Leader with information and assurance. S/he will be responsible for ensuring the financial plans support programme strategy, processes and policies conform to the organisation’s and the donor’s financial control standards.
• Responsible for managing the financial month- end process and ensure consistent and accurate financial accounting for the Goethe-Institut and the donor • Lead on financial planning, (re) forecasting, cash flow, reporting and analysis to ensure accurate, timely and complete financial management of the contract budget • Evaluate financial performance of the programme regularly and report to the Team Leader about potential financial risks • Set up and oversee procurement and compliance standards for all programme related activities in line with donor and Goethe-Institut rules • Prepare programme financial reports and external audits • Responsible for setting up an appropriate cost monitoring tool, verifying expenditures, assembling all necessary documentation and preparing the financial reports • Set up and monitor the financial management tools for the grantees of the programme • Provide training, support and advice to the delivery team on all finance and compliance related issues and tasks • Ensure familiarity and implementation of the delivery team with con-tract and donor specific financial requirements.
• Higher education degree relevant to the position (finance, accounting, business administration etc.) • Full working proficiency in English • Certified qualification in project management is an asset • Good knowledge of the German language and in a local language spoken in one of the Western Balkan countries is an asset, but not required.
ROLE SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• 5 years of relevant professional experience in a similar role • Proven experience of financial management with donor funded projects • Excellent financial management skills with multi-annual projects • Skills and experience in analysing and resolving complex financial data • Able to work on a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff • Must have good written, oral communication and facilitation skills.
• An attractive remuneration and annual leave package (exact remuneration and holidays depending on position location) • Flexible working hours, possibility to work remotely on occasion • A dynamic and motivated work environment
The Goethe-Institut is an equal opportunities employer and supports inclusion. Disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria, will be treated with preference. By submitting your application documents, you agree to the storage of your personal data (according to Art. 4 No. 1 GDPR) for the duration of the application process.
Please submit your application (CV and cover letter) in English, highlighting how your skills and experience meet the role profile to [email protected] Please indicate your earliest starting date in your application.
Applications are accepted until 24.09.2023. The Goethe-Institut will not be able to sponsor a work visa in the chosen location of the position.