Application deadline 11 months ago: Friday 22 Oct 2021 at 00:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV National Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Specialist contracts.
Volontaire ONU National
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Protection Officer or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer will:
• Provide daily protection ‘on-call at the UNHCR reception and registration center. Implement mechanisms for the identification, documentation, referral and care of people with specific needs such as women at risk, the elderly, children at risk, single-parent families, victims of violence and people living with a disability. • Consistently apply International and National Law and applicable UN/UNHCR and IASC policy, standards and codes of conduct. • Observe and respect protection related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). • Protection activities are guided by the UNHCR country protection strategy • Provide functional and administrative support in all protection related AGD based programming with implementing and operational partners. • Provide functional and administrative support in implementing participatory approaches, needs assessments, monitoring, reporting and case management. • Support assessments on durable solutions through voluntary repatriation, local integration and where appropriate, resettlement. • Facilitate liaison with competent authorities for the issuance of personal and other relevant documents. • Assist in drafting reports, routine correspondence, updating relevant databases and compiling statistics within the Area of Responsibility (AoR). • Select PoC for preliminary interviews and decide which relevant information to share. • Enforce integrity in the delivery of protection services. • Perform other related duties as required.
• Introductory briefings about the organisation and office-related context including security, emergency procedures, good cultural practice, and orientation to the local environment ; • Support with arrival administration and official processes as required ; • Structured guidance, mentoring and coaching by a supervisor including a clear workplan and performance appraisal ; • Access to office space, equipment, IT support and any other systems and tools required to complete the objectives of the assignment including a host entity email address ; • Access to shared host entity corporate knowledge, training and learning ; • Ensure that UN Volunteers are provided all necessary security measures as per the United Nations Security Management System (UNSMS) ; • Leave management; • DSA for official travel, when applicable; • All changes in the Description of Assignment occurring between recruitment and arrival or during the assignment need to be formalized with the United Nations Volunteer Programme; • Investigate misconduct: sharing reports with the UNV; • Provide emergency assistance, e.g. the death of volunteer or medical evacuation, in collaboration with UNV. Accept letters of guarantees or potential liabilities for covering medical costs not claimable under medical insurance in extraordinary situations (e.g. isolation facilities` services during pandemics).
Required Experience: 2 years
• High school diploma in Science in Social Sciences, Law, Humanities, or related field, desirable
• Have at least 2 years relevant professional experience in the field of Bassikounou context,
• Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications. Excellent communication skills.
• Working experience with MSRP is an asset
As this is a national UN Volunteer assignment, the UN Volunteer will be responsible for arranging his/her own housing and other living essentials.