Application deadline 6 months ago: Thursday 21 Jul 2022 at 09:43 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV National Youth contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Youth contracts.
Under the overall guidance of the Operations Manager and direct supervision of the Procurement Analyst, the Procurement Assistant ensures execution of transparent and efficient procurement services and processes in Amman Regional Hub. The Procurement Assistant will support the management of the procurement processes for the supply of goods, works and services for certain projects under the UNDP Regional Hub office in Amman
National UN Youth Volunteers in Jordan are entitled to:
- Monthly Volunteer Living Allowance (VLA) at the amount of JOD 716.92;
- Annual and learning leaves;
- Free Medical and life insurance; and
- Free access to different learning platforms.
For more information on UN Volunteer benefits, entitlements and support, please visit: https://www.unv.org/volunteer-your-country-conditions-service
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Procurement Analyst or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Procurement Assistant will:
• Assist in preparing Invitation to Bid (ITB), Request for Quotations (RFQ), Request for Proposals (RFP) and other bidding documents calling for the supply of goods, works and services on a competitive basis to ensure full compliance of procurement activities with UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; • Assist in Managing bidding processes, bid evaluations, supplier selections and prepare submissions seeking approval for the contract award; • Support in preparing contract award including CAP/R/ACP submissions, raise purchase orders, contract administration, prepare payment certificates for the goods and services received, and other necessary documents including close-out reports; • Organize and maintain computerized records containing vendor and bid information; • Receive, open, screen, log and date stamps bid responses/quotations, mail as required and organize bids for review by the specialist; • Organize procurement activities relating to request for proposals, sealed bids, and price quotes; • Perform general administrative duties such as maintaining general files, typing, and data entry, opening mail, and completing and processing standard purchasing forms; • Correspond with vendors regarding prices, product availability, and delivery; • Support in Creating a Procurement system with the collaboration of the IT Department to manage IC's, LTA's and other related contracts that can be accessible/edited by other responsible departments or managers Prepare required database with cooperation with ICT unit for cost recovery; • Support in organizing Events in the office within UNDP rules and regulations; • Development of filing system online in addition to normal physical filing system in the office; • Review cases and all supporting documents received from requesting units including Regional Programme and advise accordingly; • Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
As an active UNDP team member, efficient, timely, responsive, client-friendly and high-quality support rendered to UNDP and its beneficiaries in the accomplishment of her/his functions, including: • Effective support to the management of procurement processes for the supply of goods and services requested by the different teams/projects in the Regional Hub; • Efficient support for the execution of transparent procurement services and processes in the Regional Hub.
Corporate competencies • Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards • Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the United Nations • Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability • Treats all people fairly without favoritism
Functional Competencies • Strong knowledge of development and humanitarian issues; • Excellent organizational, general administration, time management skills; • Ability to work in a high- pressure work environment with frequent urgent deadlines; • High level logical and methodical organizational skills; • Interacts effectively with a diversity of stakeholders; • Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude; • Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors; • Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
procurement with proven experience in all procurement modalities (goods, services, ICs), development of tender documents, management of procurement processes, bid evaluation, and contract management; • One year of experience in procurement with UN or International NGO in Jordan; • Strong IT skills, including extensive usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.); • CIPs level 2 is desirable.
Amman, the capital, is a peaceful city with over four million residents. People are friendly to visitors. Services in terms of banking, transportation, health and communications are easily available. Though Arabic is the official language, English is widely spoken among the majority of the population, especially in Amman. Road network is good both in terms of spread and quality of the roads. Public transportation in Amman is limited. Taxis are relatively cheap and easily available. There are a number of shopping malls, restaurants, gyms, and cinemas. A large variety of accommodation options can be found; however, it is worth noting that prices in Amman have generally increased in the past few years. There are no specific security threats. Amman is a very easy city in which to live; large, many amenities, very modern and serviced by an international airport with direct flights to most capital cities. According to the assessment of the UN Department of Safety & Security (UNDSS) Jordan is a family duty station (category A hardship).
As this is a national UN Volunteer assignment, the UN Volunteer will be responsible for arranging his/her own housing and other living essentials. National UN Volunteers are part of the malicious insurance plan.