Application deadline 8 months ago: Sunday 3 Apr 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a IICA-1 contract. This kind of contract is known as International Individual Contractor Agreements. It is normally internationally recruited only. It's an external contract. It usually requires 2 years of experience, depending on education. More about IICA-1 contracts.
Background information - ITG
The UNOPS Information Technology Group (ITG) unit is focused on innovation and harnessing cutting-edge technology to deliver solutions to UNOPS that truly address business needs.
Working with UNOPS IT Group is a unique opportunity to deliver systems to users around the world - making an impact on development and solving practical problems for the UNOPS workforce and thereby help people build better lives and countries achieve peace and sustainable development.
ITG’s goal is to provide greater effectiveness, efficiency, and differentiation to UNOPS products and services. UNOPS IT Group is responsible for architecting, designing, delivering, and managing all UNOPS IT infrastructure and business applications. The unit includes Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts, Solutions Designers, Developers and QA Testers from all around the world who are based primarily in Denmark and Thailand.
Background Information - Job-specific
Under the direct supervision of the Head of IT Project Management and Support, the PMO Analyst will support the management of ITG projects. The Project Management and Support team acts as the primary management, monitoring and oversight function within ITG to ensure the timely and organised delivery of all ITG outputs. The team also provides support services to the ITG team in the areas of talent management, supplier management, and budgeting and financial controls.
1. Project Management
2. Administrative Support
1. Project Management
- Create and maintain project documentation – project plans, schedules, status reports, change requests etc. under the ITG Project Management Framework
- Coordinate and analyse project updates from project teams, highlighting risks and delays to the Head of IT Project Management and Support
- Prepare external and internal project status reports for CIO and Head of IT Project Management and Support
- Coordinate project initiation and closure with project teams and Business Unit representatives
- Provide day-to-day guidance to ITG personnel on all aspects of PMO processes
2. Administrative Support
- Create and maintain project budgets, ensuring accuracy and reliability at all times
- Coordinate the preparation and maintenance of ITG budgets, ensuring accuracy and reliability
- Manage and run the full cycle of all IT procurement processes including preparation of Request for Quotations, Invitations to Bid or Request for Quotation documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation and processing of Purchase Orders.
- Manage IT contracts, ensuring procurement processes for renewal are done in good time.
- Manage IT licenses, ensuring UNOPS at all times has the licenses needed
- Administration and monitoring of all budgetary, financial, procurement and routine administration aspects
- Manage asset calculations in corporation with the IPAS Asset team
- Coordinate and organize meetings and interviews, taking minutes for information, action and follow-up as appropriate
- Provide logistical and substantive support for unit events, trainings and workshops
- Contribute to the implementation of the ITG Communications Plan
- Manage the ITG Intranet page
- Manage input and speakers on ITG’s Knowledge Monday lunches
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles. Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role). Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries. Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements. Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving. Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Resource Management, Project Management or related field.
- A Bachelor’s degree in the same areas as above with 2 additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of advanced degree.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an operational role is required, including experience administering project budgets
- Minimum 2 years of experience using ERP systems is required
- Minimum 1 year of experience in procurement processes is required
- Strong analytical skills are required
- UNOPS procurement experience strongly desired
- Hands on experience with Project Management or Portfolio Management is desired
- PRINCE2® Foundation or equivalent is an asset
- The successful candidate is one who demonstrates a service minded approach, possesses good communication skills, good IT understanding, has the ability to learn, and works as a team player
Full working knowledge of English is essential.
Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: ICA Contract level: I-ICA 1 Contract duration: 1 year initially, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability
Duty station is indicated as Copenhagen but for the perfect candidate we may be open to consider a homebased assignment.
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link: https://www.unops.org/english/Opportunities/job-opportunities/what-we-offer/Pages/Individual-Contractor-Agreements.aspx
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information - UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.