Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Sudan Darfur
Application deadline 3 months ago: Wednesday 22 Jun 2022 at 07:17 UTCOpen application form
This is a Professional contract, Grade 5 (NRC) contract. More about Professional contract, Grade 5 (NRC) contracts.
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Sudan Al- Fasher (Only for Nationals)
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation - Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan, Gadarif and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
As a priority, NRC is therefore hiring an M&E Officer to be part of establishing NRC's programme in Sudan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to area level CC concept note development and provide input on needs.
- Provide regular progress reports to AM, PMs and M&E Team Leader/Manager.
- Coordinate process to establish program level M&E systems participate in log frame design during project proposal process to support on indicator formulation.
- Support and contribute to the development of a data management system through documentation, implementation and coordination of standardizes information flow of M&E activities and reporting.
- Support in standardizing M&E across projects.
- Participate in logframe and M&E matrix design during project proposal process.
- Support in outcome monitoring, and research planning.
- Support in developing data collection methodology and tools, and in actual data collection, as needed.
- Ensure that monitoring data are reported on a timely manner to relevant program and managerial staff.
- Report cluster/sector 4Ws for Shelter, WASH, ICLA, RRM and Education team field team.
- Handle and process beneficiary contacts received through suggestion boxes; accurate entry and categorization of the case in the CFM database.
- Coordinate the operationalization of NRC Sudan complaints, and feedback mechanism (CFM) system and develop/build upon existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for CFM.
- Hold trainings and refresher sessions for CFM and program staff to ensure they have the capacity and skills to deal with complaints at the field level.
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by line manager and M&E Manager.
- 2 years’ Experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- At least 1 years’ experience working in NRC in the relevant field.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Strong computers skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Able to travel to other areas in Sudan.
- Knowledge of digital data collection platforms (KoBo, CommCare, Ona).
We can Offer
- Duty Station: Al Fasher, Sudan
- Contract : Until 31st December 2022 (With possible extension).
- Salary/Benefits: NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
- NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and employees to check they have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
- Females are highly encouraged to apply
- To apply please visit https://www.nrc.no/careers/