Application deadline 2 years ago: Thursday 3 Feb 2022 at 00:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV National Youth contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Youth contracts.
The Logistics/Procurement Assistant provides Logistics and Procurement Assistant support services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. The Logistics and Procurement Assistant works in close collaboration with the programme, administration and finance staff as required exchanging information and supporting programme delivery.
Under the direct supervision of Logistics Specialist the national UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
• Coordinate with Logistics Specialist in the overall management of the warehouse.
• Undertake receiving, storing, inspection and dispatching of UNFPA supplies to/from the warehouse. • Perform regular monitoring visits to the warehouse at each location, so the items can be checked regularly. Participate on behalf of UNFPA in taking periodic inventories of goods stored in the warehouse, and report any loss or damage related. Stock cards needs to be checked on all warehouse visits and photocopies of the stock cards recorded on file at UNFPA Country Office. • Regular visits to Implementing Partners (IPs) warehouse to record the status of UNFPA items.
• Coordinate with Security Focal Point on the overall practice of safe warehouse procedures, identify potential hazards, and recommend improvements to standard procedures and conduct monthly inspections of all safety and fire equipment and bring any short comings and notify the UNFPA Logistics Specialist Security officer / SFP. • Reporting stock and daily stock movement reports should be shared regularly with the head of Logistics. Keeping records of all supplies sent to convoys, IPs and government departments. • Closely monitor the expiry date of items at all time. When the shelf life of medical items reaches six months the warehouse staff should raise immediately inform the head of Logistics so the decision needs to be taken by the management. • Arrange for necessary documentation, approvals and disposal of expired items following the local laws and practices and keep update records for the audit purposes;. • Liaise with Local authorities on the matter of NoCs, Customs clearances and import and export permits; • Ensure safety and security related incidents are promptly reported to UNFPA Logistics Specialist and Security Officer / SFP and, as soon as they become known, ensuring that all information applicable and details of persons who were affected/ involved are available.
• Constantly evaluate the performance of Security Guards (UNFPA warehouse) of their responsibilities access control protocols. Appearance of the guards (uniform, having means of communication available, contact information available for government security forces, fire and ambulance service. Guards changing of shifts, bring any related observations to the attention of head of Logistics and Security Officer. • Perform related tasks as required.
• Ensures implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results: • Full compliance of procurement activities with UNFPA rules, regulations, policies and strategies. • Provision of inputs to the CO Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement and Logistics in consultation with the Procurement Associate and office management. • Provide inputs to CO Annual Procurement Plan; • Assist in procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation. • Preparation of Purchase orders and contracts in and outside Atlas, preparation of Recurring Purchase orders for contracting of services, vendor creation in Atlas, maintenance of the filing system in the procurement Unit. . Buyers profile in Atlas. • Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase Orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems. • Contributes to implementation of sourcing strategy focusing on achievement of the following result: • Update of the rosters of suppliers. • Ensures provision of logistical services focusing on achievement of the following results:
The Procurement/Logistics Assistant maintains collaborative relationships with all programme, admin, finance and project staff at the CO.
A bachelor's degree in relevant discipline Two (02) years of relevant work experience
As this is a national UNV assignment, the UN Volunteer will be responsible for arranging his/her own housing and other living essentials. UNV Field Unit will help you open a Pak rupee bank account with Standard Chartered Bank or any other local bank at your duty station.
Assignment remarks: This is a national UNV assignment and a Volunteer Living Allowance (VLA) of PKR 83,791 is provided monthly to cover housing, utilities and normal cost of living expenses. Life health and permanent disability insurance are included (health insurance for up to 3 dependents), as well as final repatriation (if applicable) and resettlement allowance for satisfactory service.