Application deadline in 20 days: Wednesday 31 Aug 2022 at 00:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a Internship contract. More about Internship contracts.
The OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina Banja Luka Field Office (FO) seeks an Intern to assist with the daily activities of the office which covers 27 municipalities mostly in RS, and works of the entity institutions.
The position is an excellent opportunity to gain a valuable experience in Banja Luka and the field by having exposure to a wide range of the Mission’s human dimension activities, including the rule of law, democratic governance, education and human rights, conflict prevention plan and other field office initiatives.
Should you be selected for the position, you will be directly reporting to the Head of Field Office Banja Luka and, in the second instance, to the Deputy Head of Human Dimension Department.
You will assist with implementation of FO initiatives related to civil society development, youth, interfaith co-operation, governance, trust building and reconciliation.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties:
1. Assisting with drafting background notes, presentations, concept papers and notes for file; 2. Analysing/compiling news, researching social media and profiles of various stakeholders; 3. Assisting in scheduling meetings, workshops, roundtables, and similar events; 4. Assisting with the development and implementation of FO activities; 5. Liaising with various interlocutors in a professional manner; 6. Following news, events, and general developments in the FO area of responsibility; 7. Performing other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-bosnia-and-herzegovina.
We also recommend you to visit https://jobs.osce.org/internships, where you can find a video created by former interns and recently presented webinar.
- You should be under the age of 30 on the date of the deadline of this vacancy notice;
- You should be in your final year of higher education at graduate or postgraduate level or within two years after graduation by the deadline of the vacancy;
- Previous experience and/or strong interest in areas of FO initiatives (civil society development, youth and interfaith co-operation) highly desirable;
- Previous experience with NGO/CSO/IC organizations;
- Good research and presentation skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people from different national and cultural backgrounds, whilst maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Professional fluency in English with excellent communication (both oral and written) skills;
- Professional fluency in Bosnian-Croatian-Serbian (BCS);
- Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications.
The OSCE is not in a position to pay any remuneration or cover any expenses incurred by the intern during his/her stay in Sarajevo nor reimburse travel expenses. However, interns selected who are non-residents of Sarajevo may be eligible for some compensation towards their living costs in Sarajevo.
The internship lasts up to six (6) months for citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina, and up to three (3) months for international applicants.
Internships do not constitute a commitment to future employment with the OSCE.
The selected intern shall provide the OSCE with evidence that he/she has health insurance coverage which is valid for Bosnia and Herzegovina, otherwise he/she shall be obliged to join the OSCE group health insurance scheme for the period of their internship, at their own expense. The OSCE will cover life and disability insurance for the duration of internship.
If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply for this internship opportunity, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/. Please mention your availability dates in the cover letter.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, or offer an internship with modified terms of reference or a different duration.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
- Issued by: OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Requisition ID: HUM00005W
- Contract Type: Intern
- Grade: No grade
- Job Type: Intern
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Banja Luka
- Issue Date: Aug 3, 2022
- Closing Date: Aug 31, 2022
- Employee Status: Short-Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Field: Democratization
- Target Start Date: Nov 01, 2022