Information and Knowledge Manager
Application deadline in 5 hours: Tuesday 28 Sep 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
POSITION TITLE: Information and Knowledge Manager
ORG UNIT: Private Partnerships and Fundraising (PPF)
DUTY STATION: Rome HQ
CONTRACT TYPE: Consultant, Level II
DURATION: 11 months
LINE MANAGER/SUPERVISOR: Head of Global Services, PPF
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 19th September 2021
WFP’s Private Partnerships and Fundraising Division (PPF) works with WFP units, offices and friend organizations around the world to engage in high-impact partnerships and fundraising activities with companies, foundations, non-governmental organizations and individuals. PPF aims to harness the transformational power of the private sector by mobilizing funding and technical assistance and developing innovative solutions to help WFP fulfil its mission. The PPF Global Services team ensures that partnership managers and fundraising teams get the technical and strategic support they need in the areas of communications, contracting, due diligence and information management to build and grow strategic partnerships and campaigns, while aligning with WFP’s rules and core values.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The Information and Knowledge Manager leads the development and drives the execution of an information and knowledge management (IKM) plan to support PPF’s strategic priorities and operational needs, in line with WFP’s Private Sector Partnerships and Fundraising Strategy (2020-2025).
T****his is a global managerial role and an exciting opportunity for an expert in information management and customer support with astute business sense and interpersonal skills. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and operating a modern and robust information and knowledge management environment that enables WFP’s partnership managers and individual fundraising teams to access and exchange information and aggregated data across divisions and countries in an effective, secure and timely manner, so they can coordinate and mobilize the resources needed by WFP to deliver crucial assistance to people in need around the world. The role will also ensure that important PPF-related processes such as partnership development, contracting, etc. are digitalized and streamlined to maximize efficiencies and monitor performance. The position is based in Rome, Italy, where WFP is headquartered, will report to the Head of Global Services and provide line management to an Information and Knowledge Management Associate.
Management and strategic planning
- Lead the Information and Knowledge Management support function made available under PPF Global Services to all WFP employees involved in private sector partnerships and fundraising across the organization.
- Develop, maintain, update and lead the implementation of an appropriate strategy and yearly roadmaps for PPF's Information and Knowledge Management, in order to support the priorities and operational needs of the division and help WFP deliver against its new Private Sector Partnerships and Fundraising Strategy.
Manage PPF's Informational and Knowledge Management Team, currently comprised of an Information and Management Associate; develop work plans, monitor performance against objectives and ensure appropriate development, in order to enable high performance and fulfill the below-listed responsibilities.
Customer support and solution development
Proactively provide strategic inputs and recommend IKM strategies and solutions to PPF leadership, PPF team leads and the Head of Global Services to address specific needs and streamline processes to maximize efficiencies.
- Implement the agreed IKM solutions by defining and deploying adapted processes, systems, tools and trainings.
- Where needed, develop and maintain adequate interactive platforms, both internal and external, to facilitate the interaction between the division and its stakeholders.
Information hubs and data management
- Manage and maintain the various information hubs utilized by the division, namely Salesforce, SharePoint and Teams.
- Seek ongoing enhancements of data collection, aggregation and visualization in Salesforce.
Support the PPF Finance team in capturing financial information in Salesforce and making relevant aggregated data available to leadership.
Customer support and capacity building
Provide operational support to PPF and the extended community of partnership officers in all WFP regional bureaux, country offices, global offices and technical units.
- Provide regular trainings on Salesforce and SharePoint.
- Work with relevant PPF teams to consolidate and digitalize PPF’s training process.
- Oversee PPF’s emergency coordination protocol to ensure timely and effective outreach to partners and donors in times of emergency.
- Act as alternate PPF Emergency Coordinator in charge of coordinating with relevant teams and stakeholders within and beyond the PPF division during emergencies.
University degree in Information Management and Research, Computer Sciences, International Development, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or other related fields. An advanced university degree is desirable.
At least 6 years of professional experience in information and knowledge management, business optimization, customer support and other relevant fields.
- Experience managing Salesforce and SharePoint platforms at administrator level.
- Experience in providing customer support and delivering trainings.
- Experience in developing digital solutions and platforms to improve information exchange, operations and processes.
- Prior experience in managerial positions, United Nations agency and/or technological company would be an asset.
Knowledge & Skills
Combined technical expertise and skills in IKM technology and customer support.
- Expert administrator-level knowledge of Salesforce.
- Ability to analyze and help optimize business processes and, where relevant, propose digital solutions to address specific needs and facilitate operations, exchange, coordination and monitoring within complex working environment.
- Understanding of the power of data to harness evidence prone to facilitate adhesion and decision making.
- Knowledgeable about latest trends and innovations on IKM and data management.
- Knowledge about public-private partnerships and fundraising an asset.
- Outstanding project management ability.
- Ability to write clear and concise procedural documentation.
Strong analytical skills, creative thinking, and proactive problem-solving abilities.
- Service-oriented, with a genuine team spirit and passion to support and find solutions for others.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with colleagues from various fields of expertise around the world.
- Flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, accommodating multiple demands.
Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Intermediate knowledge of another official UN language would be a plus.
Terms and Conditions
Consultancy assignment renewable upon funding. WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by role’s responsibilities and deliverables (please note that as per UN WFP policy the offer is not assessed on personal qualifications and expectations). Visit the website for detailed information on working with WFP: http://www.wfp.org - Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about our operations.
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
We greatly appreciate your interest in WFP and joining our mission to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030
Saving Lives, Changing Lives!