Information and Knowledge Management Associate
Application deadline 23 days ago: Tuesday 28 Sep 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
Information and Knowledge Management Associate
Private Partnerships and Fundraising (PPF)
Consultant, Level I
11 months (expected start date as soon as possible)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
28th September 2021
WFP’s Private Partnerships and Fundraising Division (PPF) works with WFP units, offices and friend organizations around the world to engage in high-impact partnerships and fundraising activities with companies, foundations, non-governmental organizations and individuals. PPF aims to harness the transformational power of the private sector by mobilizing funding and technical assistance and developing innovative solutions to help WFP fulfil its mission. The PPF Global Services team ensures that partnership managers and fundraising teams get the technical and strategic support they need in the areas of communications, contracting, due diligence and information management to build and grow strategic partnerships and campaigns, while aligning with WFP’s rules and core values.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
We are looking for a passionate individual to join the Global Services team of PPF, which provides key support functions such as communications, contracting, information and knowledge management to partnership managers around the world to support the establishment and stewardship of strategic partnerships with the private sector. This is an exciting opportunity for an expert in information management to help develop and operate a modern and robust information and knowledge management environment that enables WFP’s partnership managers and Individual Giving team to access and exchange information across divisions and countries in an effective, secure and timely manner and help mobilize the resources needed by WFP to deliver crucial assistance to people in need. The position is based in Rome, Italy, where WFP is headquartered, and will be reporting to the Information and Knowledge Manager.
• Support the Global Services team’s efforts in developing and implementing a sustainable, secure and scalable information and knowledge management environment that meets the needs of PPF, Country Offices and all other WFP users actively engaging the private sector.
• Help users in using key information systems (e.g. Salesforce, SharePoint, Teams) and facilitate the adoption of new technologies and processes.
• Provide users with first-level support for incidents and service requests related to information systems, escalating to second-level support (Information and Knowledge Manager) and third-level support (IT) when needed.
• Provide support in driving the adoption of digital tools within the division with dedicated end-users trainings and practical support to improve the digital maturity of the division.
• Analyze information resources and users’ requirements, translate these requirements into new information management solutions and recommend enhancements in the functionality of existing procedures and systems as required.
• Improve and manage two-way information flows between PPF and WFP’s Technical units, Country Offices and Regional Bureaux, by notably organizing regular knowledge sharing sessions..
• Work and collaborate with diverse groups of internal cross-functional teams.
University degree in Information Management and Research, Computer Sciences, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or other related fields
At least 3 years of professional experience in information and knowledge management, project management, business optimization, customer support or related areas.
- Experience in managing projects, delivering trainings and providing customer support.
- Experience working in an intercultural environment, United Nations environment and/or technological company is a plus.
Knowledge & Skills
Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Familiarity with Sharepoint and Salesforce. Administrator-level knowledge a strong asset.
- Strong project management ability.
- Ability to write clear and concise procedural documentation.
- Advanced knowledge in the area of data analysis and management highly desirable.
Strong service-oriented mentality, patience and interpersonal skills, with an ability to cultivate relationships; must enjoy working in a team environment.
- Great sense of ownership and customer service mentality to serve internal users.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically and rapidly integrate information.
- Comfortable working under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
Outstanding command of spoken and written English.
- Intermediate knowledge of another official UN language would be a plus.
Terms and Conditions
Consultancy assignment renewable upon funding. WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by role’s responsibilities and deliverables (please note that as per UN WFP policy the offer is not assessed on personal qualifications and expectations). Visit the website for detailed information on working with WFP: http://www.wfp.org - Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about our operations.
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
We greatly appreciate your interest in WFP and joining our mission to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030
Saving Lives, Changing Lives!