ICT Support Assistant
Application deadline 1 year ago: Thursday 22 Apr 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV National Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of [Operations Manager] or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV [ICT Support Assistant] will:
- Implementation of ICT management systems and strategies;
- Effective functioning of the Mukalla Hub (Hub) hardware and software packages;
- Support to networks administration;
- Provision of administrative support;
- Providing support to Geographic Information System (GIS) needs;
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing; and
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are encouraged to integrate the UN Volunteers programme mandate within their assignment and promote voluntary action through engagement with communities in the course of their work. As such, UN Volunteers should dedicate a part of their working time to some of the following suggested activities:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Provide annual and end of assignment self-reports on UN Volunteer actions, results and opportunities.
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required degree level:
Education - Additional Comments:
- 5 years of relevant working experience with secondary education OR 2 years of relevant work experience with bachelor’s degree
- Secondary education with relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) knowledge is required. University Degree in Computer Science would be desirable.
5 years of relevant working experience with secondary education OR 2 years of relevant work experience with bachelor’s degree. Work experience to include network administration, support to management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications.
Previous experience with UN agencies is desirable.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise:
Software and applications development and analysis, Hardware and systems maintenance, operation and administration
Area of expertise details:
- Ability to manage IT network and infrastructure
- Ability to support internal customers with IT assistance
- Ability to manage IT continuity and disaster recovery
- Ability to identify, preserve, collect, process and review information from electronic data sources
- Ability to use ArcGIS software.
Accountability, Communication, Creativity, Leadership, Planning and Organizing, Technological Awareness
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Yemen and legal residents in Yemen with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 22-04-2021