Human Resources Officer P3 (FIT Pool Project Focal Point) - Rome, Italy
Application deadline 2 days ago: Thursday 2 Feb 2023 at 00:59 UTCOpen application form
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Are you an experienced Human Resources specialist interested in further developing your professional experience while contributing to ending global hunger? Are you passionate about helping those in need? Would you like to join a global organisation investing in its people?
If so, an exciting & fulfilling career awaits you! Join our diverse and passionate team that works on varied and international projects directly contributing to saving & changing millions of lives around the globe.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications must be submitted Wednesday, 1 February 2023 (11:59 PM CET).
WHO WE ARE
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
WHY JOIN US?
- WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse and multicultural working environment
- WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of trainings, accreditation, coaching, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities
- A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe
- We offer an attractive compensation package (please refer to the Terms and Conditions section)
THE ROLE AND ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT
In 2017, WFP introduced the Future International Talent Pool (FIT Pool) in order to respond quickly to the organization's needs for International Professional vacancies from P-2 to P-4 (More information https://www1.wfp.org/fit-pool). The FIT Pool builds pipelines of strong professionals that are mobile and ready to go to any duty station where WFP needs. It give the FIT Pool members a good starting point for an international, mobile career with WFP.
We currently have 62 pools, and they need regular new calls for applications, the process continuously needs to be streamlined and improved to be faster and even better in getting the profiles that WFP needs.
This position will support the functions in building strong FIT Pools and handle the overall project management timeline to shorten the processes and provide a better response to the increased number of pools to support the Corporate Scale- Up Emergencies.
The purpose of this assignment is to contribute to WFP’s growing staffing need in the context of an increased number of corporate emergencies, by being a focal point to function areas and supporting the overall project management timeline of building the Future International Talent Pools.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Reporting to the Human Resources Officer responsible for the Future International Talent Pool, under the overall supervision of the Chief, Talent Management branch (HRMTM), you will mainly:
1- Act as the focal point
- You act as a main focal point for different functions leading them through an end-to-end FIT Pool process to ensure strong rosters of qualified and motivated professionals that contribute to the diversity of the WFP workforce.
- You provide guidance and advice to Staffing Coordinators throughout the process sharing the best practices in line with the organization and functional talent requirements.
- You coordinate the construction of the rosters liaising with all stakeholders working closely with the team and our external partner by building trustful relationships,
- You are responsible for overseeing every step of the processes per function assigned to you ensuring they are respecting the timeline and delivered with high quality.
- You monitor each stage of the recruitment process of the FIT Pool process of your functions; from the creation of the vacancy to the interview analyzing continuously the talent inflow, especially during the moments when the vacancy is open, evaluating the quality and diversity of applicants.
- You implement corrective actions to improve the quality and diversity of applicants at the application stage.
- You boost our recruiting pipeline by leveraging different channels, such as social media to publicize the FIT Pool and open job opportunities.
- You engage with the sourcing team and collaborate on the sourcing of applicants for your function.
- You oversee and ensure accurate screening of the applications, assess candidates, and conduct analysis.
2- Train the new focal points
- You are responsible for training and guiding the new focal points and other team members as requested.
- You are responsible for overseeing the processes per functions assigned the junior staff members.
- You update the overall timeline guiding the focal points ensuring the processes stay on track
- You proactively propose improvements in the process for team discussion.
- You ensure a strong communication with the Staffing Coordinators, manage meetings with your functions, ensure the correct outreach to the potential members develop attractive vacancy announcements and define effective sourcing and outreach strategies.
3- Support building project management
- You actively participate in the improvement of the FIT Pool communication to increase the awareness, interest, and applications of the FIT Pool.
- You update and conduct the interview trainings, coaching and closing webinars and other presentations as needed.
- You propose, review and ensure that the interview questions are meeting the standards of WFP’s leadership framework and propose the correct indicators.
- You prepare regular updates for the functions sharing the most recent numbers including relevant statistics and trends to enable HR management decision-making.
- You conduct data analysis and prepare analysis of the overall FIT Pools including the lessons learned.
- You participate in the interviews.
- You support the whole team for larger-scale initiatives and perform other activities as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced University Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Industrial relations, Business Administration, or other related fields. First University degree may be accepted with additional relevant courses and/or experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Project Management and Talent Acquisition
- Experience in project management
- Experience in Workforce Planning and/or Organization Design is desirable
- Experience in an international organization is desirable.
- Fluency (level C) in the English language.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese (a WFP working langauge).
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills, with the aptitude to adapt communication style to relevant audience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects at any time, while maintaining high standards of work on a tight schedule in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to clearly communicate with managers and staff; draft communication messages linking to the organizational strategies.
- Ability to work in an international environment, as part of a multicultural and diverse team.
- Demonstrate confidence and cognitive capacity to assimilate different perspectives and formulate recommendations.
- Innovative mindset with a drive for improvements aligned with the unit’s strategy.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK
These are the common standards of behaviour that guide HOW we work together to accomplish our mission.
Leads by Example with Integrity Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork Applies Strategic Thinking Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships Lives the WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others
Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change
Is inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth
Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things
Builds and nurtures external partnerships and collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives
Different expectations of behaviour are defined depending on your grade and role/responsibilities within WFP.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
A Limited Fixed-Term Appointment (LFT) position is a non-mobile staff appointment in the international professional category for a limited period of up to 2 years.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package in line with ICSC standards (http://icsc.un.org) including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, visa, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, a pension plan, and medical insurance.
The selected candidate will be required to relocate to Rome, Italy to take up this assignment.
REMINDERS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, language skills and UN Grade (if applicable)
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Please make sure you upload your professional CV in the English language
- Kindly note the only documents you will need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter
- Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time
- Please contact us at [email protected] in case you face any challenges with submitting your application
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.