Human Resource Assistant
Fast-track your UN career: Let the AI Application Assistant tailor your applications to catch recruiters' attention.
The HR Assistant is responsible for supporting the field HR Office in HR administrative tasks to ensure smooth running of the office.
- Support the assigned recruiter for the field office with all field office recruitment by: - - Vacancy posting in internal and external media as appropriate. - Contacting candidates for interview - Providing the panel with interview packs - Contacting referees post interview to support appointment. - Sending unsuccessful candidates, regret letters - Maintain updated recruitment files for each position recruited.
- Ensure that all staff requirements prior to arrival are available. - Ensure all new staff are appropriately enrolled onto the payroll &Employee benefits schemes with the appropriate documentation. - Maintain staff files with all the requisite documentation. - Monitor induction process, ensuring that performance objectives are set and, and that post probation evaluation reviews are submitted on timely basis.
- Monitor expiry of staff contracts and advise the HR Officer on a timely basis. - Assist in preparing of contracts/LOU’s (Letters of Understanding) for Dadaab Incentive staff i.e. new staff/renewal.
Services and Administration:
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of IRC personnel policies and assist the Human Resource department in ensuring employee adherence. - Maintain up to date records (forms, approvals, requisitions) for all field staff in relation to - Personnel files, Recruitment, Leave, Training, Performance Management, Benefits, Payroll, Exit - Close and archive personnel files on timely basis - Preparation of mailbag - Ensure timely submission of monthly timesheets. - Support localized incentive/refugee recruitments. - Preparation Incentive/refugee staff Payroll before review by the HR Officer. - Maintaining stationery supplies for HR Office.
- Support the maintenance of all talent acquisition and management processes on Workday HRIS management system.
- Provide weekly/monthly reports to the HR Officer on the status of Personnel files, Leave, Training, Performance Management, Benefits, Payroll.
Staff training and Development:
- Facilitate all requests for staff training as approved in Annual L&D Plan and maintain database of trainings attended.
- Coordinate the exit process and ensure finalization of all procedures within one month. - Ensure timely deletion of staff from insurance benefits.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a busy HR department. - Degree / Diploma in Human Resource, Business Administration, Business Management, or related Field. - Strong interpersonal skills, high degree of flexibility and a team player - Excellent writing and organizational skills - Experience working in a multi- cultural society. - Conversant with word processing, spreadsheet, and email computer applications.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons, and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that the International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.