HR Assistant - Talent acquisition and Recruitment Assistant
BACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees required to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen began its programs in October 2012. Since establishing its presence in the South of Yemen, in the Red Sea Coastal city of Aden, the organization has grown from just an implementing small project to handling large scale emergency and relief operations. Following the war which broke out in Yemen in March of 2015 and the humanitarian disaster, which was crafted by the same, IRC launched one an emergency response program in the southern governorates of Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Shabwah and Aldalea. Currently IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates in the south Yemen and Sana’a and Hodeidah in the North through direct programming and through local partnerships, in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development, Education, Child Protection, Gender and Women Protection and Empowerment.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The HR Assistant (Talent acquisition and Recruitment) will be responsible to support the hiring process in all Yemen Country.
He/ She will be responsible for the proper documentation of all under supervision and support of the Senior Recruitment and Mobility Officer.
The HR Assistant (Talent acquisition and Recruitment Assistant) will be working on supporting the staffing for open positions in the Yemen Country program that vary from short-term, emergency response, and full-time needs to meet demands of donors and programs in location that are working and other locations that IRC may expand into in Yemen. This individual will be responsible for pro-active sourcing, community engagement, posting advertisements in the local community sources, and short-listing candidates for open vacancies. They will also follow recruitment strategies to increase the IRC’s talent pool and pipelines and will provide input to ensure the IRC has diverse global talent that performs at a high level responding to the changing needs of the organization.
Position Reports to: Senior Recruitment and Mobility Officer Position directly supervises: None
Other Internal and/or external contacts: All staff and departments within the IRC field offices inside Yemen.
- Support the Recruitment Cycle to advertise and post vacancies in local community sources, short-list CV’s, scheduling for interviews and tests, and maintain candidate employment applications. - Under the supervision of the Recruitment and Mobility Officer, and guidance, source for positions and build, connections in the local community for open vacancies. - Advertise IRC open vacancies in Arabic in local sources and, build links with relevant partners in the community. - Maintain a Roster of local candidates that are interested in IRC vacancies. - Be responsible for full-cycle recruitment process and directly recruit positions; develop candidate rosters, employ traditional sourcing strategies, actively network, and employ innovative, creative recruiting methods to hire the best talent. - Engage community in Yemen; collect employment applications in Arabic and English from community contacts, build referral networks, and apply pre-screening qualifications to short-list qualified talent. - Follow IRC Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures (GHROPP) in Recruitment and maintain compliance with all Yemeni labor laws. - Maintain the confidentiality of all critical HR/Recruitment information and other IRC pertinent information in Yemen. - Collaborate with Senior Recruitment and Mobility Officer to provide weekly updates on candidate pool and roster for staffing needs. - Contribute to developing community engagement strategies for non-English speakers and those who don’t have access to IRC’s online job postings and encouraging diversity within workforce. - Engage referral network in IRC locations and field sites in Yemen, to attract people for urgent and upcoming program staffing needs. - In collaboration with technical unit, represent IRC at industry related career fairs, conferences, seminars, and other relevant industry events as vital. - Create and maintain a collaborative relationship with key global partners internally and externally including country program HR staff and recruiters, Partners, Universities, peer agencies, and private sector. - Promote the International Rescue Committee brand as an employer of choice in the region, with a focus on crafting awareness for IRC’s response. - Respond to recruitment position requests, be well versed in IRC Global HR Recruitment Policies, and provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly Recruitment metrics as required. - Other recruitment responsibilities as assign
REQUIREMENTS: (Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities):
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Human Resources or related field or equivalent professional experience.
- 1 to 2 years of experience required; (at least 1 year in international NGO is required for applicants).
3. Skills and Abilities:
- Strong skill and interest in the Recruitment and Human Resources function. - Ability to travel to IRC field locations and sites up to 30% of the time. - Demonstrated experience and work in a different context. - Strong organizational skills as well as interpersonal skills are vital. - Fast paced/changing, meeting deadlines. - Solid presentation and communication skills; ability to convey information successfully. - Shown sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to handle situations respectfully and to effective resolution. - Good coping strategies in stressful and emergency situations, calmness is a requirement. - Respectful and strong skill in establishing positive working relationships with employees and all other partners to enhance collaboration and productivity.
- Good skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are required. - Fluent Written and spoken English.
Professional Standards --------------------------
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IRC strives to build a diverse and inclusive team at all levels who as individuals, and as a group, embody our culture statement creating a working environment characterized by critical reflection, power sharing, debate, and objectivity for us to achieve our aspirations as a team and deliver the best possible services to our clients.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.