Health Logistics Technician I
Application deadline 1 month ago: Monday 5 Dec 2022 at 22:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a G-6 contract. This kind of contract is known as General Service and related categories. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 6 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be more than 1,004 USD.
Salary for a G-6 contract in Port-au-PrinceThe salary of a G-6 depends on the duty station. The minimum salary there is 149,734 HTG (~1,004 USD)
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about G-6 contracts.
OBJECTIVE OF THE OFFICE/DEPARTMENT
This is a requisition for employment at the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)/Regional Office of the World Health Organization (WHO)
PAHO Country Offices are responsible for ensuring that the Pan American Health Organization / World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) country program of technical cooperation and its country presence provides adequate support to the national health development process and, at the same time, enables the country/ies to shape the subregional, regional and global health agendas. The PAHO/WHO Country Office is the basic organizational unit for technical cooperation within the country/ies, drawing on PAHO/WHO resources from all levels and all parts of the Organization.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the general supervision of the PAHO/WHO Representative (PWR), and the direct supervision of the Advisor, Health Emergencies (PHE/HTI), the incumbent is responsible for, but not necessarily limited to, the following assigned duties:
- Provide support and collaborate closely with international logistics personnel deployed by PAHO and WHO for the response to health emergencies, to ensure activities are carried out in accordance with the country office requirements and in line with PHE’s standards;
- Support the planning and implementation of all PHE procurement and logistics related actions in the Country Office; coordinate the delivery, storage, and management of material assets for emergency preparedness, recovery and response activities, including PHE medicines and medical supply stocks for the response to emergencies and epidemics;
- Identify logistics constraints that may hinder the rapid implementation of activities and propose adequate corrective measures;
- Coordinate closely with PHE’s procurement and administrative team as well as with PROMESS for local and international purchases and provide support when needed on specifications (characteristics, quality, type, etc.) of goods;
- Provide support for the logistics management and distribution in relation to PHE medical supplies, as applicable; implement stock control mechanisms, ensure timely distribution of goods before their expiry date and ensure accountability in inventory management before, during and after emergencies;
- Provide logistical assistance for the rapid establishment of functional offices, housing, and storage facilities as part of emergency response at sub-national level as required, in coordination with relevant partners within and outside the Organization;
- Report on logistics issues or problems arising from the day-to-day activities of health emergencies program; monitor and report regularly to the emergency team drawing their attention to needs, gaps and problems, and assist in implementing remedial actions;
- Support the mobilization and deployment of response personnel in coordination with the Country Office administration team;
- Participate in and support the implementation of PAHO response activities during disasters and public health emergencies, as required;
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Essential: Certificate of completion of high school.
Desirable: Proven training in courses related to health emergencies or certificate in logistics for health emergencies would be an asset.
In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO, only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. PAHO will also use the databases of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation http://www.chea.org/ and College Navigator, found on the website of the National Centre for Educational Statistics, https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator to support the validation process.
Essential: Six years’ experience in health logistics operations or disaster management operations.
Desirable: Work experience in health emergencies would be an asset.
- Overall attitude at work****: Maintains integrity and takes a clear ethical approach and stance; demonstrates commitment to the Organization’s mandate and promotes the values of the Organization in daily work and behavior; is accountable for work carried out in line with own role and responsibilities; is respectful towards, and trusted by, colleagues and counterparts.
- Teamwork****: Collaborate and cooperate with other/Deal effectively with conflict - Creates team spirit; promotes collaboration and open communication in the team; proactively supports others; welcomes team responsibilities and drives team results; promotes knowledge sharing in the team. Proactively identifies conflicts and facilitates their resolution in a respectful manner; tactfully resolves conflicts between or with others and takes action to reduce any possible tension; effectively builds a rapport with individuals and teams, establishing good personal and professional relationships, as well as minimizing risk of potential conflict.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences****: Relate well to diversity in others and capitalize on such diversity - Treats all people with dignity and respect. Relates well to people with different cultures, gender, orientations, backgrounds and/or positions; examines own behavior to avoid stereotypical responses; considers issues from the perspective of others and values their diversity.
- Communication****: Express oneself clearly when speaking/Listen/Write effectively/Share knowledge - Foresees communication needs of audience and targets message accordingly. Facilitates open communication; encourages others to share their views openly and takes time to understand and consider their views. Writes down ideas in a clear, structured, logical and credible way; drafts and supports the development of guidelines, policies and procedures. Shares relevant information openly and ensures that the shared information is understood; considers knowledge sharing as a constructive working method and demonstrates awareness of the Organization.
- Knowing and Managing Yourself****: Remain productive/Continuously learn - Remains objective and focused even in a “changing and moving” environment; continues to display positive behavior when facing some constraints; keeps challenges in perspective. Seeks all relevant information for decision making from a wide range of sources; quickly learns new competencies and skills that expand role capability; shows rapid understanding of new and/or complex information relevant to job.
- Producing results****: Work efficiently and independently/ Deliver quality results/Take responsibility - Prioritizes work, monitors own progress against objectives and adapts plans as required; communicates adjustments as necessary.
- Acts proactively and stimulates action as needed; handles problems effectively and constructively. Produces high-quality results and workable solutions that meet clients’ needs. Works independently to produce new results and sets own time lines effectively and efficiently. Demonstrates positive attitude in working on new projects and initiatives. Demonstrates accountability for own success, as well as for errors; learns from experience.
- Knowledge and practical skills in the area of logistics management in an emergency context.
- Knowledge of new technologies, methodologies and software for inventory control, logistics and supply chain management (such as SUMA).
- Ability to deal effectively with different stakeholders, mainly government officials, other UN agencies and NGO’s.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment paying attention to details.
- Ability to provide input and recommendations for decision-making processes; ability to manage multiple issues and tasks in a complex organizational environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Very good knowledge of French and Haitian Creole. A working knowledge of English would be an asset.
Demonstrated ability to effectively use current technology and software, as well as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). Other IT skills and knowledge of software programs such as Microsoft Excel, Outlook, OneDrive, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, and Word are considered essential.
Annual Salary****: (Net of taxes)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (Local Recruitment)
This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level****.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
A written test may be used as a form of screening.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to PAHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and e-Manual.
For information on PAHO please visit: http://www.paho.org
PAHO/WHO is an ethical organization that maintains high standards of integrity and accountability. People joining PAHO are required to maintain these standards both in their professional work and personal activities.
PAHO/WHO also promotes a work environment that is free from harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination, and other types of abusive behavior. PAHO conducts background checks and will not hire anyone who has a substantiated history of abusive conduct.
PAHO/WHO personnel interact frequently with people in the communities we serve. To protect these people, PAHO has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse. People who commit serious wrongdoing will be terminated and may also face criminal prosecution.
PAHO/WHO is committed to workforce diversity. PAHO/WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
PAHO offers an attractive compensation package including an annual net salary (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance). Other benefits include: 30 days annual leave, dependency benefits, pension plan, and health insurance scheme.
All applicants are required to complete an on-line profile to be considered for this post.
Administrative/support positions in Haiti are open to Port-au-Prince metropolitan area residents only. Candidates must be Haiti citizens or be a permanent legal resident in the country.
Candidates will be contacted only if they are under serious consideration. A written test and/or interview will be held for this post. The post description is the official document for organizational purposes.