Finance Manager Afghan Support & Investment Project
Job Overview: The Finance Manager will collaborate with the Roving Finance Manager and the Northern California Finance Director to plan out financial procedures needed to disburse funds efficiently to Afghan clients. They will review and approve vendor payment journals and will provide support
to Accounts Payable Specialists.
· Ensure office compliance with IRC’s accounting policies vis-à-vis fund accounting as noted in IRC’s finance manual and generally accepted accounting principles.
· Prepare and administer project budget
· Collaborate with Northern California’s Finance Director on local banking processes and protocols
· Monitor and track the account receivables the project
· Prepare month-end closing financial reports
· Make appropriate month end adjustments journal entries including reallocation to proper source and account codes.
· Provide Project Director with monthly budget vs. actual expenditure report and analysis
· Oversee grant reporting and financial compliance with Project Director
· Review all accounting transactions to ensure proper coding and enter all approved transactions into IRC’s accounting software.
· Process all approved payments requests.
· Oversee financial project activities and schedules to meet financial reporting requirements and deadlines specified HQ and donor.
· Prepare financial report and maintain account files
Education: Bachelor’s or Associate degree in business, accounting or finance preferred. Professional experience in lieu of education will be considered.
Work Experience: Relevant professional experience in finance and accounting required; minimum of 2 years’ experience strongly preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
· Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
· Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
· Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
· Fluent in English, both spoken and written; proficiency in language(s) spoken by IRC’s clients is desired; including, Dari, and/or Pashto.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research and problem-solving purposes.
· Working knowledge of accounting software such as Microsoft Dynamics a plus.
· Partial remote, partial in-office work.
· May require occasional work out of partner agencies’ offices.
· May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement****: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity****: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer****: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.