Digital Platform and Technology Specialist
Application deadline 1 month ago: Sunday 21 Aug 2022 at 00:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV International Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International Specialist contracts.
Non-Family Duty Station
Under the direct supervision of the Team Leader, Strategic Management Unit and Digital Transformations Programme, the International UN Volunteer will carry out the following tasks:
- Support to setting up an e-Commerce platform for Kachin MSMEs
• Oversee and Monitor performance of technology vendor, and deliver capacity support to vendor where necessary • In close collaboration with UNDP’s implementing partner(s), support hosting at least one Hackathon for e-Commerce Design Challenge • Define a clear goal for the Hackathon • Develop criteria for participants (terms of participation) • Create a short Hackathon brief with information about the challenge, the awards, dates and venue, link to online space for registration with rules for participation • Prepare the rules for evaluation and selection of the winning project • Work closely with UNDP’s implementing partner(s) and Kachin MSMEs to identify the needs of beneficiaries in designing an e-commerce platform • Based on the needs and requirements, provide technical solutions to implementing partner(s) to set up the e-Commerce platform integrating features of winning design from the Hackathon • Provide technical advice for web content and design of the e-Commerce plat-form • Support development of order fulfillment policies and procedures • Support payment integration • Develop and implement roadmap and procedures for online store's functionality • Support development of service operations and foster service innovation
- Support sustainability, growth and replication of the e-Commerce platform
• Analyse new market trends and business opportunities that can be integrated into the e- Commerce platform • Generate business questions requiring data-mining and analysis • Generate ideas and strategies based upon data-driven insights and recommendations • Analyse service quality and customer satisfaction • Support replication of e-commerce platform in other states and regions
- Assist in managing the development and operationalization of other digital platforms and technology solutions within the Digital Transformations portfolio
• Provide support in following up with technology vendors on progress and key areas and in developing notes for partnerships • Provide relevant support in launching the integrated digital platform on education that UNDP is developing • Support the team leader in all other relevant tasks as required.
☒ Accountability ☒ Adaptability and Flexibility ☒ Building Trust ☒ Commitment and Motivation ☒ Creativity ☒ Professionalism ☒ Respect for Diversity ☒ Self-Management ☒ Technological Awareness ☒ Working in Teams
developing and launching e-commerce or similar digital plat-forms including design of order fulfilment service, payment integration etc. • Experience in managing site development and updates • Demonstrated experience in e-Commerce business development • Hands-on experience in developing, managing and maintaining e-Commerce web- sites/portals • Knowledgeable of the e-Commerce space that includes marketing strategies, various leading e-Commerce website builders (e.g. Shopify), product development, competitive strategies, consumer research, industry trends and usability best practices • Demonstrated experience web-content writing and web-design • Experience in organizing/supporting Hackathons and tech design challenge • Demonstrated experience data mining and analysis • Excellent communication and collaboration skills • Analytical and multitasking skills
Myanmar, officially the Republic of the Union of Myanmar, is a sovereign state in Southeast Asia bordered by Bangladesh, India, China, Laos and Thailand. One-third of Burma's total perimeter of 1,930 km (1,200 miles) forms an uninterrupted coastline along the Bay of Bengal and the Andaman Sea. The country has an estimated population of 51 million people. Myanmar's capital city is Naypyidaw and its largest city is Yangon. The country is ethnically diverse. The government recognizes 135 distinct ethnic groups but the Bamar form an estimated 68% of the population. Most of them are Buddhists.
Temperatures in Myanmar can vary from place to place. In general, the Myanmar climate is hot throughout the year, with temperatures averaging 27 degrees Celsius or 80 degrees Fahrenheit. The months of March, April, and May the weather in Myanmar can be very hot and humid, especially around the coastal regions. This increase in temperature is caused by the onset of the rainy season. Despite the hot temperatures, there are areas that can be quite pleasant. The interior areas such as Inle Lake and Bagan can be quite a bit cooler than the coastal regions. The mountainous areas can also be cooler as they have a much higher altitude.
Living conditions at the Duty Station: Yangon is non-family duty station with Category B hard-ship level. In terms of the safety and security, it is safe and no high level threat of security. For housing, it will vary depend on the types of lodging and its facility. For travel and transport, taxis are available and inexpensive. Grab also available in the country. Buses are also low fair options with routes running all over the city. Owing to the geographic location of Myanmar, Burmese cuisine has been influenced by Chinese cuisine, Indian cuisine and Thai cuisine.