Customer Service Specialist Afghan Support & Investment Project
Job Overview: The Customer Service Specialist will field questions, concerns and potential complaints from participants and stakeholders. The Specialist will follow-up regarding any issues with program participants, potential participants, and those helping newly arrived Afghans submit requests for housing funds. The Specialist will be responsible for monitoring trends and reporting issues to their supervisor.
· Responds to inquiries, concerns, and complaints from ASIP participants and stakeholders by email, text, chat, or phone.
· Research issues. Interacts with other ASIP project team members, Finance, or HQ as needed to resolve or escalate issues when appropriate
· Identify errors and determines corrective actions
· Documents all interactions in appropriate systems
· Provide information on referral services to ASIP participants and other organizations assisting clients, making warm referrals where appropriate
· Conduct ongoing outreach to current and potential landlords, property managers, and buildings
Education: Bachelor’s or Associate degree preferred. Professional experience in lieu of education will be considered.
· Minimum of 1 year of relevant professional experience
· Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
· Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
· Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
· Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
· Fluent in English, both spoken and written; proficiency in language(s) spoken by IRC’s clients is desired; including, Dari, and/or Pashto.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research and problem-solving purposes.
· Working knowledge of accounting software such as Microsoft Dynamics a plus.
· Partial remote, partial in-office work.
· May require occasional work out of partner agencies’ offices.
· May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement****: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity****: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer****: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.