Business Processes and Procedures Support Specialist/Officer
Application deadline in 2 days: Thursday 9 Dec 2021 at 00:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV National Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Specialist contracts.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Regional Resource Management Officer (SRRMO) in RO Cairo and under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in country Office and the technical supervision of the Resources Management Officer (RMO) in Country Office, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for giving support with respect to IOM’s policies and business processes and procedures relating to administrative, financial, HR, Procurement, risk management and internal controls matters.
- Ensure in close coordination with the regional office that proper resources management and internal control processes are implemented in the Country Office
- Advise, under guidance of the COM and RMO, on risk management of projects in the country Office and coordinate with the Project Managers and regional office accordingly.
- Support in reviewing the critical processes and methodologies which the CO performs by providing inputs to the RMO to enhance processes and facilitate proper record keeping and response to Audits. Support of implementation of E-filing.
- Check compliance of projects implementation with IOM Project Management Manual, donors’ regulations and policies, and facilitate the implementation of corporate projects implementation and development strategies and monitoring of achievement of results.
- Support the RMO in the CO in budgets monitoring and controlling mechanism of spending to ensure that costs are contained within approved allocations.
- Provide support and analysis to the RMO and PM, in case of delay with PRIMA processes for new project proposals as part of the project endorsement process, and with a view to seeking adequate coverage of shared staff and office costs.
- Provide support and analysis to the RMO in establishment of the monitoring and overseeing process of the financial management of all activities in the CO, including the oversight of budgets, financial expenditure, accountability, and treasury matters. Produce quarterly or monthly CO’s financial sustainability analyses in coordination with the RO
- Identify and coordinate, with relevant colleagues at CO and RO, training needs in view to building staff capacity in the field, ensuring that IOM rules and regulations are followed
- Ensure proper processes and documentation of resource management business cases in regards of procurement of the CO to ensure accurate implementation of new procurement rules and regulations in close coordination with RO procurement officer
- Proactively take part in the process of creating resource management tools, SOP, and applications for the country office in coordination with regional office with the objective of enhancing internal controls and effective management of resources
- Maintain filing and e-filing, ensuring the safeguarding of confidential data and provision of up-to-date information related to the Country offices profiles in coordination with the regional office.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
• Professionalism • Integrity • Teamwork and respect for diversity • Commitment to continuous learning • Planning and organizing • Communication • Flexibility • Genuine commitment towards the principles of voluntary engagement.
UN or International Organizations financial management, budget monitoring, accounting, and internal control procedures, ERP systems (oracle and/or SAP or equivalent) Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis. Experience in implementation or supervising and the development of business processes and internal control procedures. Knowledge of International Accounting Standards (IAS) Ability to prepare concise and clear reports. Ability to analyze data. Good organizational skills. Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA), Certify Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) will be a distinct advantage.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable
As this is a national UN Volunteer assignment, the UN Volunteer will be responsible for arranging his/her own housing and other living essentials. National UN Volunteers are part of the malicious insurance plan.