Associate Administrative Officer
Application deadline 1 year ago: Wednesday 28 Oct 2020 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV International Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International Specialist contracts.
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
- Under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub Office, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Ensure that rules and regulations governing the utilization of UNHCR accommodation and office facilities are adhered to; also ensuring recoveries by different users and provide
- Provide guidance to travel administrators, and monitors the TA s &TC clearances and compliance with the Travel policy.
- Preparation of estimates, forecasting office materials, supplies and furniture needs and preparing recurring administrative reports.
- Participate in the preparation of memoranda of understanding, service contract local purchase orders and requisitions for the office.
- Assist in the preparation of regular office administrative budget and annual procurement plan.
- Assist with arranging of hospitality for events; conferences, group seminars, meetings and donor missions.
- Manage reservations for the conference room and accommodation facilities.
- Supervise maintenance staff (NUNVs) and provide overall guidance to cleaning and housekeeping staff.
- Advise newly recruited personnel on general premises management regulations and policies
- Undertake other duties as required
Required degree level:
Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering, Logistics, Mathematics or a related field.
A minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience in the field of Administration, logistics, formal training in Logistics desirable.
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of expertise:
Logistics and supply management, Protection of refugees, asylum seekers and IDPs, Development programme/project administration
Area of expertise details:
Sound knowledge of Microsoft applications including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Knowledge or experience in Enterprise Resources Planning system (ERP) would be an advantage.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 28-10-2020