Administration Officer SC-8
Application deadline 10 months ago: Wednesday 23 Mar 2022 at 17:59 UTCOpen application form
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders in the field typically report to the Country Director or the designate. Job holders in RBs or HQ typically report to a more senior Administration Officer. Job holders are likely to be working under the supervision of a more experienced staff member, receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
To support the delivery of quality, customer-focused, value for money administrative services that enable staff in country/location operations to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1.Contribute to a WFP country plan, including administrative processes, aligned with country and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration services. 2.Support the development of annual plans and implementation of policies, systems and procedures to support WFP strategic objectives. 3.Collate data and prepare data analysis to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making. 4.Support management of existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g., WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, items within WFP storage, PPE items, filing in outsourced storage facility, etc.) and assist in identification of new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services. 5.Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g., WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy. 6.Support a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities. 7.Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries. 8.Maintain the partnership with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local government offices. 9.Ensure supervision of the administration staff for the provision of efficient administrative and protocol services for achieving the following results: 10.Proper management of WFP assets, facilities and administrative services, including full compliance with IPSAS in the accounting for the procurement, utilization and disposal of the Country Office’s assets. 11.Compliance with up-to-date government regulation on visas, tax, custom clearance, etc. 12.Compliance with WFP rules and regulations through annual admin self-assessment checklist. 13.Represent WFP to participate in Operations Management Team (OMT) and to update Country Director for agreed new initiatives among UN Agencies including common service budget, etc. 14.Supervise the schedules of drivers, internal coordination and their performance including to ensure day to day vehicle operation to ensure the regular maintenance of the vehicle and update database on FMS system. 15.Close supervision on protocol matters i.e., coordination with State Secretariat Ministry, Ministry of Foreign Affairs on visa and stay permit arrangements and Custom Clearance for export, import and personnel effects, VAT Exemption process with State Secretariat Ministry and Tax Office (BADORA). 16.Focal point for Business Operation Strategy (BOS) for WFP and participate in the regular BOS meeting and update in the system. 17.Focal point for Country Common Premises Initiative and participate in the Country Premises Working Group and regular monitoring and update in UN INFO system when required. 18.Participate in regular meeting of Admin Working Group and update Country Director on government regulations on protocols, Covid-19 quarantine and travel regulations. 19.Ensure annual physical inventory is performed in effective manner and disposal of WFP of assets in compliance with WFP rules and regulations. 20.Act as main focal point for Medevac process related to protocol related matters and required coordination. 21.Ensure that day to day regular admin services are effectively managed for WFP Jakarta office including timely submission of bills for regular admin services. 22.Ensure maintenance of office food emergency stock, first aid kit and office consumables. 23.Perform other duties as required.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in administration.
- Has demonstrated a high level of proficiency in WFP administrative operating standards in day-to-day work
- Has provided coaching or training to new staff members within area of expertise.
- Able to demonstrate agility, deep analytical skill, problem solving, versatility with a “can do attitude.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Education: University degree in Business/Public Administration, Engineering, or other relevant field relating to office management and administration.
Language: National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for application submission: 23 March 2022.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.