Admin Associate - Assets & Procurement
Application deadline 1 year ago: Wednesday 1 Feb 2023 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a GS-6 contract. This kind of contract is known as General Service and related categories. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 6 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be more than 2,204 USD.
Salary for a GS-6 contract in KhartoumThe salary of a GS-6 depends on the duty station. The minimum salary there is 2,204 USD Please note that depending on the location, a higher post adjustment might still result in a lower purchasing power.
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about GS-6 contracts.
UNOCHA is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNOCHA does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations (UN) Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) is the UN Secretariat department responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to complex emergencies and natural disasters. OCHA also ensures that there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response effort.
OCHA Sudan addresses and facilitates issues relating to coordination, communications, and humanitarian financing, and serves the entire humanitarian community. In doing this, OCHA works with the Sudanese Government's Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC) and other government counterparts. OCHA provides support to the Humanitarian Coordinator (HC) and the Humanitarian Country Team (HCT) in Sudan. Working with the entire humanitarian community, OCHA looks to foster a conducive operating environment that facilitates the effective delivery of humanitarian assistance (both material assistance and protection assistance). Crucially, OCHA promotes compliance with humanitarian principles in the humanitarian response. This is an essential element of effective humanitarian coordination and is central to establishing and maintaining access to affected populations, particularly in conflict-affected areas of Sudan.
Under the immediate supervision of the Admin / Finance Officer the incumbent main function will be as follows:
- The incumbent will manage the asset management docket by ensuring that the country office is well supported both in Khartoum and the field. Additionally, in close collaboration with the procurement focal point, the incumbent will back stop this function.
- The post will require field visits to ensure proper guidance on asset is provided to field offices and physical verification is conducted.
- The incumbent will also identify asset/inventory for disposal, process paperwork and coordinate with HQ on the same
- The incumbent will also support in managing the day to day activities of Khartoum office by supervising the cleaners and ensuring timely provision of services.
Duties and Responsibilities
In coordination with operations team in the Country office (CO) and the procurement associate, in support on the following tasks:
1. In coordination with operations team in the Country office (CO), support on the following:
- Propose/identify enhancement of assets management procedures in the CO
- Manage Assets and Inventory by keeping track of current and minimum stock quantities and advise on replenishment.
- Receive, inspect and verify incoming assets/inventory and coordinate with team in scheduling deliveries to users. Additionally, register all assets in Umoja and assigns specific bar-code or other identification numbers to all newly received equipment if required.
- Conduct periodic and annual physical inventory verification exercise to ensure accuracy of records and location of property. Ensure that managers sign off on the physical count and correctness of the inventory system/database/Umoja data.
- The incumbent will also conduct regular field visits and providing oversight on inventory management.
- Review all assets/inventory for the CO and recommend disposal in coordination with the team and HQ. Ensure lost/damaged equipment/assets are properly recorded and removed from the country office inventory.
- In coordination with finance and ICT ensure that staff member who have lost or damaged equipment’s are charged accordingly in line with cost recovery policy.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of service provision in Khartoum by ensuring that timely and quality services is provided– supervise cleaners. Additionally, coordinate with other team members in ensuring that services such as minor repairs/alternations are provided in a timely manner and issues are resolved immediately.
2. In coordination with procurement associate, support the country office on the following:
- Identify and ensure potential suppliers are registered on UNGM and banking information is enriched.
- Produce tender documents within the delegation of authority for the CO e.g., RFQ. This includes coordination with buyers in OCHA regional office and GVA.
- Support in contract management and data analysis for procurement.
- Drafts a variety of procurement correspondence, (e.g. formal memos, Note to File, formal letters, etc.).
- For the country office provide support as a requisitioner by coordinating with vendors, preparing the relevant documents and taking Umoja actions on the same – Purchase Orders, Low Value Acquisition etc.
- Support CO in liaises and coordinates with UN agencies and commercial companies on effective cargo distribution for the CO.
- Prioritize purchasing requests and obtains additional information/documentation as required; provides assistance to requisitioners in preparing scope of work and specifications of goods and services; proposes product substitutions consistent with requirements to achieve cost savings.
Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries; ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Demonstrate flexible and responsive client-oriented approach.
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Level 2: Understands, explains and shares information on assigned tasks with accuracy and clarity.
Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Level 2: Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
Demonstrates the values of the United Nations in daily activities and behaviors.
Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter.
Solid computer skills, including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet applications, and relevant software packages, including e-mail.
Planning & Organizing
Proven ability to plan and organize, establish priorities, manage, and monitor work plans, coordinate competing demands, and work to tight deadlines.
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of secondary education; University Degree in project management, IT or Business Administration and / or suitable/relevant qualifications and/or Finance is desirable.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in the implementation of donor-funded projects and/or UN administrative and operations management.
- In depth knowledge of UN corporate tools; programme and project management policies, rules and regulations and tools.
- Working experience in asset and procurement within the UN or Development Agencies.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge and experience in asset and procurement.
- Strong analytical skills.