Warehouse Assistant (National Position)
Application deadline 3 months ago: Tuesday 16 Aug 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
The Warehouse Assistant as an integral member of the Supply Chain Department holds primary responsibility for inventory, asset, and property and warehouse management. The role holder will be responsible for implementing the IRC inventory policies with regard to all project items including cycle count, reporting discrepancies, pharmaceutical quality assurance as well as cold chain policies where applicable.
1. Materials Receiving and Dispatch • Assist in receiving and documentation of materials from suppliers and other sources • Inspect materials during receiving and update required documentation • Liaise with the Supply Chain Officer to advise Programs of potential inventory shortages and to provide update on stock levels • Assist in organizing a cold chain system and ensure “keep-cool” items are handled appropriately • Inspect materials dispatched from the stores and update appropriate dispatch documents • Handle all Contribution In Kind (CIK) and Closed Grant Inventory • Support the replenishment of stock items as need arises based on an approved purchase requisition
2. Warehouse Documentation • Update stock cards, bin cards and inventory system regularly • Maintain standard warehouse documentation processes such as Delivery Report, Waybills, Store Release, Bin Cards, and Stock Cards. • Maintain the Warehouse activity book recording (i.e. Warehouse Register) for all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities.
3. Warehouse Controls • Fully participate in inventory cycle count for all stocks • Implement (FIFO, FEFO, LIFO) procedures for goods in the warehouse. • Ensure good arrangement of storage facilities with appropriate layout, and signs display in strategic locations • Assign tasks and supervise the working of outsource laborers
4. Warehouse Safety and Security • Assist in ensuring physical security of the Warehouse by restricting visitors and any other unauthorized persons • Ensure clear safety procedures • Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment • Assist in ensuring that warehouse is regularly fumigated against pest, rats, rodents etc., • Maintain and periodically service fire extinguishers
5. General duties • Support implementation of SOPs on assets and inventory management • Assist in proper disposal of expired products and medicines according to IRC and MOPH protocol. • Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Supply Chain Officer Position directly supervises: N/A Indirect Reporting: N/A Other Internal and/or external contacts: Internal: Supply Chain Teams, concerned Health staff, concerned Protection and Empowerment staff, Influx Team, Operations Team, Driver Team External: N/A
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business Administration, or other relevant fields
- At least 1-year experience in Logistics or Warehouse management or equivalent
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Strong organizational skills, good at multi-tasking, flexible • Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and written • Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision • Good prioritization skill • IT literate skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) • Ability to work with limited resources • Service minded and team-oriented person • Ability to work on regular deadlines and adapt to changing situations • Ability to work well in a team and with colleagues from different cultural backgrounds and walks of life • Experience in non-governmental organizations and migrant/refugee contexts preferred
Language Skills: • Good command of written and spoken Thai and English or other ethnic languages (preferable Burmese, Karen, Karenni languages).
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
The position will be based in Muang District, Mae Hong Son Province, Thailand with frequent travel to Ban Mai Nai Soi and Ban Mae Surin Temporary Shelters in Mae Hong Son.
Standard of Professional Conduct
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons, and several others.
Equal Opportunity Employer
IRC considers all participants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.