Technical Officer - HSEL
Application deadline in 9 days: Tuesday 28 Sep 2021 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV International Specialist contract. This kind of contract is known as International UN Volunteer. It is normally internationally recruited only. More about UNV International Specialist contracts.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Regional Adviser and Head of Health Systems in Emergencies Lab (HSEL) at the Department of Universal Health Coverage/Health Systems (UHS), World Health Organization Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean (WHO EMRO), the UN Volunteer International Specialist will:
- Provide support in the implementation and monitoring of the HSEL work plan in collaboration with other technical units at teams at WHO Regional Office and Country Offices.
- Support implementation of the country support projects including pilot of health systems recovery toolkit, health systems resilience toolkit, capacity building programs, etc.
- Contribute to the preparation of monitoring and progress reports, briefings, proposals, reports and communications required for advocacy, resource mobilization, and strategic decision making.
- Assist in coordinating and facilitating information and knowledge management related to the HSEL areas of work for the purpose of monitoring, evaluation and organizational learning.
- Support in development of the HSEL annual report including documenting success stories and lessons learned in the context of key areas of work including humanitarian-development-peace nexus, health system recovery, health systems resilience, and refugee and migrant health.
Educational additional comments
- Master’s degree Public Health, Emergency Management, Health Care Management or Epidemiology from an accredited academic institution.
A minimum of five years' experience, at the national and/or international levels, emergency programmes and/or countries in the Region. Working in the UN or other international development organization is an asset.
At least two years of relevant professional experience in project management in a Public Health or Emergency Management related field.
Other desired/mandatory required technical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills.
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development.
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel.
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Sound security awareness.
- Have affinity with or interest in public health and humanitarian volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Communication, Ethics and Values, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
- Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply. * Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply. Application deadline: 28 September 2021