(TA) Communication for Development Specialist, NOC, Bauchi, Nigeria
Application deadline 1 year ago: Wednesday 4 Aug 2021 at 22:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a NO-3 contract. This kind of contract is known as National Professional Officers. It is normally only for nationals. It's a staff contract. More about NO-3 contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a champion
In Nigeria, UNICEF works in a complex humanitarian and development setting to fulfill and protect children's rights in partnership with government, civil society, children and families. UNICEF Nigeria is one of the largest UNICEF Country Offices globally - click the link to learn more about UNICEF in Nigeria: https://www.unicef.org/nigeria/.
We are looking for a Communication for Development Specialist, to become part of a highly motivated and committed team of over 400 staff who work to bring visible changes in the lives of the most disadvantaged children in Nigeria.
How can you make a difference?
Under the leadership of the Chief of Field Office, you will be responsible for providing technical and operational support for developing a systematic, planned, and evidence-based strategy and process for C4D as an integral part of programme development, planning and implementation. Through communication and engagement, as well as the empowerment and participation of stakeholders, communities, children, civil society partners, and government counterparts, you will promote measurable behavioral and social change/mobilization. This subsequently will contribute to the achievement of sustainable and concrete results in improving children’s rights, survival and wellbeing in the country.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Support to strategy design and development of C4D activities Innovation, knowledge management, and capacity building
- Implementation of C4D activities
- Technical and operational support
- Advocacy, networking, and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management, and capacity building
Please refer to the attached detailed job description for more information… VA Communication for Development NO3 Bauchi 1.doc.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in one of the following fields: social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in one or more of the following areas: social development programme planning, communication for development, public advocacy, or another related area.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered an asset.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergencies is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People, and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies required for this post are...
- Persuading and influencing (II)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
- Entrepreneurial thinking (II)
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.