Supply Chain Officer (National Position)
Application deadline 7 months ago: Wednesday 2 Mar 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) Thailand country program was established in 1976 to assist refugees from Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia and currently assists refugees and migrants from Burma. IRC operates one of the largest and programmatically diverse humanitarian programs providing essential services to displaced populations in Thailand.
Assistance programs encompass health, education, institutional capacity building, gender-based violence prevention and response, water and sanitation, advocacy, protection, and legal assistance.
The Supply Chain Officer works as part of the MHS Operations team to provide supply chain support services and ensure IRC and donor compliance in the procurement of goods including inventory and services for IRC. The Supply Chain Officer will liaise with all program staff in MHS and Finance Department.
• Ensure vehicle management & policy and procedures are well implemented and applied in MHS office with attention to safety and security issues. • Supervise vehicle scheduling and travel plan for drivers based on program requirement for camp visit and other travel outside MHS, request for cash advances and clear payment for drivers. • Supervise vehicle checks and maintenance ensuring vehicles are in good condition. • Ensure vehicle maintenance and fuel records and provide monthly report to Senior Supply Chain Officer for supporting the SCMR/GSC monthly report. • Initiate all yearly vehicles registration and insurance renewals • Support disposal management for IRC vehicles in Mae Hong Son. • Ensure all mechanical equipment tools, first aid kits and other necessary supplies are always in vehicles and in good conditions. • Report accident incident to Field Coordinator for any damages or faults on the vehicles and inspect vehicles after using by authorized staff and supervise for repair of vehicle when necessary. • Arrange rental vehicle for programs as requested. • Review and organize drivers’ monthly timesheets including Leave Application Form for Sick Leave, Vacation and Compensation and submit to HR regularly. • Supervise driver team by evaluating work performance and set job goal and objectives.
• Assist Senior Supply Chain Officer to regularly update programs supplies and prices lists with different specifications to ensure programs staff access to the most up-to-date version. • Assist Senior Supply Chain Officer in performing procurement activities for Mae Hong Son Field Office. • Assist Senior Supply Chain Officer to perform procurement filing and sorting of all purchasing documents. • Assist Senior Supply Chain Officer to prepare payments via BvA system and submit to Finance Department on weekly basis.
• Assist with asset records and update according to staff movement. • Prepare Equipment Issue/Equipment Return documents, update and file documents correctly on a monthly basis. • Assist in performing the annual IRC fiscal year-end asset counts in September. • Assist in all asset filing and disposal management.
• Assist Senior Supply Chain Officer in performing warehousing activities in Mae Hong Son to assure both main warehouse and field warehouses operations are complied with IRC policies. • Assist Senior Supply Chain Officer in inventory cycle counts, annual financial year-end and grant-end inventory counts. • Closely monitor and review expiry date of pharmaceutical supplies and update concerned people before out-of-date by 6 months ahead, and properly perform disposals for all scraps. • Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Supply Chain Officer Position directly supervises: Drivers Indirect Reporting: Supply Chain Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts: Internal: Senior Supply Chain Officer, Driver Team, Administration and HR Manager, Finance Team, Senior IT Officer, All programs’ staff External: Suppliers, local Thai authorities and organizations providing procurement and logistical services to IRC
• Bachelor’s degree in management or other relevant fields
• Minimum 2-3 years of work experience in Fleet and Warehouse Management
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Strong organizational skills • Strong driving skills and vehicle knowledge • Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing. • Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision. Good tasks prioritization skill and Good time and people management skill • Good knowledge in Thai labor law and legal concern • Positive attitude, Excellent and team-oriented person • Ability to work on regular deadlines and adapt to changing situations • Excellent time management skills and be able to work independently • Good at multi-tasking, flexibility • Trouble shooting skills
Languages and Computer skills:
• Good command of written and spoken Thai and English • Excellent computer skills on Microsoft Excel, Word, and database management and record keeping
The position will be based in Mae Hong Son Province, with sometime travel to Ban Mai Nai Soi and Ban Mae Surin Temporary Shelters.
Standards of Professional Conduct
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.