Sr. Business Systems Analyst - Asia
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction." (Albert Einstein)
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IT department supports the organization’s work by providing reliable and scalable applications and infrastructure for the IRC’s offices in the US and around the world, including many technologically challenging locations.
The IT department provides end-to-end solutions for the organization including Application Development, Integration and Management, Enterprise Architecture, User Experience, Quality Assurance & Testing, and overall Project Management in an effort to help the organization determine and implement the best solutions for its business needs. In collaboration with IT colleagues and business partners, the Senior Business Systems Analyst works to support the optimum configuration and delivery of Dynamics 365 for Finance and Supply Chain (D365) at IRC to meet end user needs and IRC’s mission, with a primary focus on finance, supply chain, and project management areas.
At a high level, the Senior Business Systems Analyst has responsibility for:
· Business requirements gathering and analysis
· D365 application configuration
· Reporting requirements gathering and analysis
· Functional testing / documentation
· Ongoing L3 application support
The Senior Business Systems Analyst provides strategic business analysis services to business partners. The focus of this position is to work closely with the business units to gain in-depth understanding of their business strategy, processes, services, roadmap and the context in which the business operates. This role will be key to understanding and documenting the system capabilities needed to address business challenges within an international D365 rollout.
- Assess and problem solve the daily administration and performance of the IRC’s Dynamics 365 for Finance and Supply Chain (D365) system, supporting users throughout IRC’s field and headquarters locations. - Work with external partners to successfully execute and validate deliverables
· Participate in multiple enhancement and deployment projects by completing and updating project documentation; ensuring efficient and on-time delivery of project tasks and milestones; following proper escalation paths; and maintaining positive customer and supplier relationships
· Inspire team members and peers by collaborating with others; articulating ideas and viewpoints to business owners, peers and others; identifying and initiating process / system improvements; driving the resolution of issues; and holding self and team accountable for results
· Identify, create and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design at a complex level, focusing on quality improvement and data management, ensuring data is reliable and valid, and
· Partner with internal and external customers to ensure systems provided meet the long-term business strategies
- Proactively develop subject matter expertise in the end-to-end processes and technologies related to finance, supply chain and project management functional areas - Support additional systems requirements analysis and configuration - Collaborate with staff, including Enterprise Architect, Knowledge Managers, and Business System Managers to build and document the data, metadata, and overall systems architecture - Maintain up-to-date awareness of relevant market trends and near technologies relating to D365 and other systems as necessary - Support technical relationships with system vendors and implementation partners - Perform user requirements gathering and translate into functional, technical, and project requirements - Create and maintain the systems documentation for collaboration tools including processes and procedures, data architecture, functionality, security, and policies - Liaise with QA and Functional testing teams to participate in and ensure functional, user acceptance, and regression testing activities are thorough and meet deadlines - Participate in business continuity testing for D365 and other systems - Perform third-level support functions for D365 and other systems - Participate in overall systems coordination and planning to ensure the optimum delivery and usability of IRC systems to the user community. - Liaise with vendor and internal software development teams where required to build needed functionality - Participate in the design and execution of systems change management processes
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Deputy Director, ERP Systems
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Project Business Owners, business project team members outside IT, and wider stakeholders
- Subject Matter Experts across other departments
- Software and Systems team members
- Project Managers and Project Coordinators in the Project Management team
- Vendors and Consultants
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent - 4+ years implementing enterprise resource planning systems and functions, primarily Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Supply Chain or earlier versions including finance, procurement, inventory management, supply chain management and project management and accounting. - 4+ years gathering, analyzing, and implementing business, functional, and technical requirements in multiple formats, from analysis of current state through implementation of conceptual to-be states - 2+ years developing and executing business case testing of enterprise systems - Experience with the support, analysis, documentation, administration, and change management for delivery of global ERP systems with substantial numbers of users across global time zones - Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings, workshops) and written (requirements and design specifications) form, as well as an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications - Good active listening skills and strong attention to detail - Strong analytic curiosity and innovative problem-solving skills using a systems-based thinking and an evidence-driven approach - Proven ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional team structure - Proven ability to establish and maintain working relationships across all departments and levels of the organization. - Preferred Skills - MS in Information Technology - Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - Experience with business and security compliance and auditing including SSAE16, ISO27001, and PCI - Experience with Business Intelligence tools and methods such as data warehouses, visualization tools, architectures and relational database systems (e.g.: MS SQL, PowerBI, Oracle, Qlik, LogiXML, Tableau, BIDS, and Cognos) - Experience with enterprise-level system master data, integrations, REST and SOAP APIs, and ETL processes - Experience in the NGO sector in the delivery of systems across varying IT infrastructure - Understanding of Microsoft Dev/Ops (task administration, execution) - Language skills – Burmese, Thai
- Remote working environment. - Some international travel as needed.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.