Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Fast-track your UN career: Let the AI Application Assistant tailor your applications to catch recruiters' attention.
• Work closely with the project management team to ensure testing processes are implemented and followed by the core team
• Responsible to implement Agile Software Testing Lifecycle.
• Actively participate in requirements refining and sprint planning calls to understand and clarify the business needs, and to identify the requirements gaps early in the process
• Clearly communicate the testing timeline for each testing phase, and help team set realistic timeline for a release that accommodates full testing lifecycle
• Be self-directed in planning and executing test review meetings, tracking bugs and bug resolutions, maintaining release timelines, and communicating testing progress to the core team
• Be able to collaborate and communicate well with other team members to timely self-unblock
• Translate functional requirements and specifications into test scenarios and test cases
• Perform smoke testing, functional, integration, regression, and system testing
• Support business with user acceptance testing when applicable
• Use Jira and Zephyr to document and maintain testing progress
• Test the application on usability and stability bases and propose changes where necessary
• Ensure all identified risks from testing are escalated and mitigated appropriately
• In every release cycle, be instrumental in maintaining a high-quality software product through comprehensive testing
Key Working Relationships: Position Reports to: Senior Manager, Quality Assurance
Position directly supervises: non-managerial position
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Software Development team, Project Management team, and other SMEs or project Stakeholders
• 3+ years of Quality Assurance experience on web-based applications, black box testing, functional, and system integration testing
• Some Performance and Load Testing experience with open-source tool
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Demonstrated experience on functional, regression, and integration testing
• Experienced in discovering test scenarios from complex use cases and converting them into step-by-step test cases
• Able to work individually on a project and execute full QA testing process
• Provide testing support for multiple projects effectively and be able to adopt and deliver on changing priorities
• Experience in creating and maintaining regression suites
• Experience using Jira and Zephyr test suites
• Experience working with Agile and scrum methodologies
• Excellent organization and prioritization skills with attention to details
• Some automation and performance testing preferred
• Experience with any open-source Performance/Stress testing tool e.g. JMeter
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
• Self-motivated and a problem solver
• Fast and independent learner
• Effectively work with distributed teams
• Intercultural competence
Preferred Additional Qualifications Bachelor's Degree in IT field or relevant work experience
Working Environment On site or remote options available
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, Egalite, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:
IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.