Shelter Specialist Mozambique Pemba
Application deadline 8 days ago: Friday 24 Nov 2023 at 08:14 UTCOpen application form
This is a Professional contract, Grade 9 (NRC) contract. More about Professional contract, Grade 9 (NRC) contracts.
What we are looking for;
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is seeking a highly qualified Shelter Specialist to provide support to our team in Mozambique Country Office.
The Shelter Specialist will provide technical oversight and strategic direction to Country and Area offices to further the development of the Shelter Core Competency (CC). The Specialist will provide quality assurance for all projects, develop a collaborative country strategy, capacity build staff through mentoring and training to increase the technical capacity of the staff, and develop a donor strategy to further grow the program.
What you will do;
- Responsible for technical innovative development and quality of CC in country, holistic programming (with other CCs) and to ensure harmonisation and consistency across CC projects in line with NRC Programme Policy
- Lead the process on proposals, budgets, modifications, project reviews and reporting and ensure high technical quality
- Take the lead on quality project deliverables to ensure high technical outputs
- Provide strategic leadership on the development of programming that recognizes the challenges faced by conflict-affected affected populations
- Support programmatic M&E and indicator tracking in conjunction with project teams and M&E department
- Ensure workplans and spending plans in line with donor budgets are developed and maintained by supporting Project Coordinators, Managers and Area Managers
- Develop and lead on conducting needs assessments (approved by the HoP, and in collaboration with Area Program teams, Protection team and M&E team), baseline, mid-and end-evaluations
- Represent NRC with relevant donors, government ministries, and in relevant humanitarian coordination meetings in country
- Actively promote and operationalize synergies between Shelter and other NRC programmes to move toward integrated programming
- Provide support and input to the recruitment processes for all Shelter staff
- Accountable for organisational learning from programme implementation, sharing of best practice and capacity building
Please download the detailed job description to learn more about the position.
What you will bring;
- Minimum 4 years of experience within a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Minimum 2 years of SHELTER expertise in Mozambique
- Experience with CASH programming
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in Portuguese and English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the Cabo Delgado context specifically
What we offer;
- Duty station: Pemba, Mozambique
- Contract: 12 months (Renewable based on funding, performance and need for position)
- Travel: up to 30%
- Salary/benefits: grade 9 on NRC’s regional salary scale, with accompanying terms and conditions
- NRC is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity without distinction to age, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- We think outside the box, encourage ideas, and give responsibility to all employees at all levels. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
Important information about the application process
- Internal candidates only: please click on the suitcase icon labelled “I am an employee” to be redirected to NRC’s internal careers site.
- When creating your profile, include your full name as given on your passport. Complete all the system-required fields for experience, employment history and education.
- Submit your application and CV in English, taking care to attach your latest CV.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum standards in terms of experience or qualifications will generally not be considered. Unsolicited applications not related to this specific job advertisement will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We receive many applicants for each vacant position.
- This role is open to candidates of Mozambique Nationality only.
- If you have any questions about this role, please email email@example.com with the job title as the subject line.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. Our 15,000 staff work in crises across 40 countries, providing life-saving and long-term assistance to millions of people every year.
Watch this short video to see NRC in action.
We are looking for people who are passionate about helping refugees and people forced to flee. Are you one of those people? If you are, NRC offers you the opportunity to:
- do demanding and professional work, often in challenging contexts;
- join a work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility;
- be part of a welcoming and supportive community committed to human dignity;