Application deadline in 29 days: Sunday 31 Dec 2023 at 22:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a DRC - National contract. More about DRC - National contracts.
Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world`s leading humanitarian NGOs,is currently looking for a highly qualified Shelter Assistant.
Overall purpose of the role
- Provide administrative and technical support to the shelter activities
- Assist the Shelter Officer and Team Leader in ensuring the quality of the planning, implementation and follow-up of the shelter activities
Shelter Sector responsibilities:
- Follow all Shelter activities including the day-to-day supervision of partners, contractors and quality control
- Participate in assessments, procurement documents and scope of work related to shelter activities
Geographic scope: Base (Chernihiv)
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area.
- Reporting to Shelter Team Leader
- Follow all relevant project tools, plans, and budgets
- Project implementation, reporting and evaluation
Programming & Operations
- Ensure efficient and effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan
- Provide technical support and inputs on all shelter activities
Coordination and representation
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts on sector relevant issues
- Represent DRC at meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings
- Ensure integration with other DRC sectors
- Support the monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution
Shelter Team Leader
Required experience and competencies
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience, preferably with experience in the field of humanitarian response.
- Practical experience in sector area working for an INGO is preferred
- Experience in administrative and support tasks
- Proficiency in English is desirable
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Skills in GIS software and AutoCAD are an asset
In this position you are expected to demonstrate DRC`S five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil Engineering or another relevant field
Contract length: 6 months renewable depending on performance and funding.
Duty Station: Chernihiv
Start date: As soon as possible.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
The application is open for Ukrainian citizens or those with the existing right to work in Ukraine. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for national staff
Closing date for applications: 31.12.2023.
DRC as an employer By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise.
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do.
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution.
- Culture, values & strong leadership.
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!