Senior Procurement Officer - North
Working under the supervision of the Field Procurement Manager based in North with travel to IRC Lebanon program field sites as required, the Procurement Senior Officer is a key position within Supply Chain and carries responsibility for the integrity of the IRC procurement system. Procurement Senior Officer must be able to rapidly procure program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide procurement services for IRC Lebanon as required. - Implement and / or maintain standard IRC Lebanon procurement policies and procedures and ensure that procurement is carried out in accordance to IRC Lebanon and donor-specific polices. - Attend procurement committee meetings. - Manage MSA MPA extensions & new plans. - Manage documents signatures with internal & external parties. - Manage the market survey Preparation & support the team. - Manage the BVA system checkup & cleanup for accurate reporting. - Update PRTS report on weekly basis. - Send all required report for SPM after checking and filtering. - Control the payments with Admin & finance. - Ensure that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained; generating bids analysis and Purchase Orders and Payment requests. - Routinely communicate, coordinate and plan with the relevant requesting staff / programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies. - Procurement plan reviewing and monitoring. - Ensure that all supplies, services and equipment required are delivered in time. - Establish and maintain ethical and professional working relationships with suppliers. - Maintain supplier information for regularly purchased items and be informed of current local market conditions. - Support and provide appropriate trainings for procurement and program staff as required. - Advise the Procurement Manager of procurement-specific issues or improvements. - Manage The MSA/MPA tracker updates & procedure. - Review Market study process for Agreement extension & submit to SPM. - Act as FPM in his absence (travel, field or annual). - Visit fields on weekly basis for procurement tasks. - Assist procurement manager in planning & reporting. - Any other duties or tasked delegated by Procurement Manager. - Field technical support. - Tender Planning & technical Support. - Partnership meetings attending & assessment.
- Provide on-time, standard monthly reports to the Procurement Manager. - Monitor & control IRC Pre-qualified Vendor database. - Monitor & control price list for goods, services and equipment purchased by IRC. - Produce routine purchase status reports for Procurement Manager, Programs and Finance. - Update required reports. - Update PRTS report on weekly basis. - Follow up Achieving process. - Follow up payment tracking sheet. - Issue a new report for payment lead-time.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Field Procurement Manager - Dotted-Line to: Senior Procurement Manager - Position directly supervises: N/A - Other Internal and/or external contacts: - Internal: Supply chain team, Finance Team, Programs team - External: Service providers, Suppliers, Partners
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail. - Ability to work as a member of a team essential. - Must be computer literate, including Microsoft Word and Excel. - INGO experience preferred. - Ability to communicate in English and write clear and concise reports in English strongly preferred. - Fluency in Arabic required. - Knowledge of generic procurement procedures and practices (IRC or NGO experience advantageous). - Familiarity with major donor and local regulations / laws advantageous. - Three to Five years’ work experience in procurement, - Team Leader. - Problem solving. - Competent in spoken and written English. - Good mathematical skills. - Analytical thinking.
- Strong sense of personal integrity. - Attention to detail. - Strong supervisory skills. - Ability to multi-task. - Team spirit and problem-solving abilities. - Excellent communicator. - Time oriented.
Working Environment: The position will be based in the North with frequent field travel sites.