Senior Officer - Coordination (6 months)
Application deadline 10 months ago: Monday 31 Jan 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a IICA-1 contract. This kind of contract is known as International Individual Contractor Agreements. It is normally internationally recruited only. It's an external contract. It usually requires 2 years of experience, depending on education. More about IICA-1 contracts.
Background Information - PCG
The People and Change Group (PCG) helps UNOPS empower people, driving organisational excellence and managing change across the organisation in order to help UNOPS deliver on its strategic intent. Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Director, PCG the incumbent will work across PCG work streams to support and coordinate PCG projects.
Background Information - Job-specific
The role will be responsible for providing project support, communications and coordination in a range of areas including HR and management coordination and global HR initiatives.
The role can either be full time home-based or full time Copenhagen based. Should it be remote work, the incumbent might be requested to travel to HQ occasionally (approx. 1-2 times).
1. Project Support The incumbent is expected to support various PCG projects as assigned. More specifically they are expected to
- Contribute to corporate HR projects by developing project plans, overseeing implementation, engaging with relevant stakeholders, ensuring bottle necks are addressed in a timely manner and milestones are met.
- Contribute to corporate initiatives by assisting to generate and maintain data on trends, risks and opportunities and sharing HR best practices.
- Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
2. Management Coordination and Communication The incumbent is expected to support PCG Management with the coordination of its work, for example:
- coordination of external forums including but not limited to inter-agency HR forums and working groups where UNOPS participate and its contribution needs to be coordinated and prepared
- Prepare external and/or internal communication as guided by PCG Management
- Review, analyze and prepare management inputs for HR related matters
The incumbent is expected to support PCG and its workstream in coordination of various work packages and/or projects. This might include
- Ensure work streams are aligned and jointly contributing to the overarching objectives of PCG.
- Ensure that relevant information is shared among workstreams and feedback is sought as needed.
- Research and analysis on strategic HR matters
- Support management with preparation and drafting communication, preparing documentation and presentations,
- Liaising with key stakeholders in a proactive and professional manner.
- Support any other work task as assigned.
Impact of Results: The effective and successful achievement of results by the incumbent directly affects the capacities and performance of PCG. These affect client satisfaction as well as the readiness and capabilities of the human capital, to effectively develop and implement the programmes and projects of UNOPS.
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles. Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role). Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries. Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements. Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving. Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Advanced University degree in Human Resources management, Business Administration, Change Management, social or behavioral sciences or other relevant fiels.
Or a First University degree in related fields combined with 4 years of relevant experience.
A minimum of two years of experience, supporting implementation of large projects, ideally in the area of HR and/or Change Management is required.
Experience in a multicultural setting is desirable.
Some experience in UN system organizations preferably in a developing country is desirable.
Proficiency in the usage of computers and office software packages (such as G Suite) as well as web-based management systems.
Sound understanding of HR practices is an asset.
Fluency in English is required.
Working knowledge of another, official UN language (Spanish, French) is desirable.
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.