Senior ICT/T4D Associate, GS7 (, 364 days), Prague, Czech Republic (Open for Residents and Czech Nationals Only)
Application deadline 1 month ago: Wednesday 12 Oct 2022 at 21:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a G-7 contract. This kind of contract is known as General Service and related categories. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 7 years of experience, depending on education. More about G-7 contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, innovation.
More information about what we do in Czech Republic is available at Czech Republic | UNICEF
How can you make a difference?
Senior Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Associates perform specialized activities pertaining to UNICEF’s ICT systems including desktop administration, server operations, hardware, and software. Specialized activities may include technical support in the testing and implementation of new application system releases, modules and functionalities and systems administration tasks. This is skilled work, which may include the provision of procedural leadership to more junior staff or serve as a focal point for a systems project.
ICT Office Customer Service Support:
- The Senior ICT Associate is fundamentally involved in enlisting the support and cooperation of client staff from across the office in the installation and maintenance/troubleshooting of ICT applications.
- S/He liaises and interacts with colleagues, users and user groups in establishing application requirements, proposing them to concerned development entity, and providing training in new systems and applications.
The Senior ICT Associate may coordinate with external service providers, such as telephony providers, and consultants, ensuring delivery of agreed services and prompt resolution of service issues.
Senior ICT Associates perform specialized IT application administration activities to ensure functionality and facilitate user interface. Accountabilities/key results include:
- Analyzing functional issues, developing functional specifications and identifying the need for new systems or re-engineering/enhancements of the existing systems or applications.
- Supporting the development, programming, testing, debugging and implementation of new applications and systems and customizing existing applications.
- Identifying system vulnerabilities and relevant security patches; prioritizing, evaluating, testing and applying third party patches.
- Providing second-level support to users on systems applications including assistance on technical issues, setting up user access security profiles, and other related user issues.
- Drafting technical documentation and manuals.
- Assessing training needs, developing and presenting structured and ad hoc training to users as required.
- Assisting in the management of specialized ICT projects, particularly in the area of development and implementation of new systems and applications.
- Preparing periodic and ad hoc reports.
- Advanced knowledge of the organizations ICT regulations, rules and procedures as well as systems and applications.
- In-depth knowledge of computer information systems, including micro-computer operating systems software (e.g. Windows, Linux, other apps), hardware and applications software and other office technology equipment.
- Ability to develop and provide training.
- Ability to correctly and promptly identify problems, develop solutions and resolve issues.
- Takes responsibility to respond to service needs promptly and proactively.
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity, reliability and honors matters of confidentiality.
- Ability to handle work quickly and accurately under time constraints.
- Demonstrates courtesy, tact, patience and ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Education: Completion of Secondary education is required, supplemented with formal training at university level in Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunications, Engineering. ITIL Foundation Certificate or equivalent customer support certification is an asset.
- A minimum of seven years of practical work experience in information technology, requiring systematic methods of troubleshooting and problem solving is required.
- Experience in providing assistance to users on IT products and services, and use of applications and diagnostic tools is required.
- Practical experience in providing technical and business Customer Support and Services is required.
- Practical experience and working knowledge of various computer platforms and applications is required.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.