Senior Finance Coordinator
Job Overview: The Senior Finance Coordinator will work with the Director of Finance to control and manage the implementation of the accounting systems in the IRC NorCal region. This will include assisting with the collection and processing of IRC’s financial data in order to provide management, donors, grantors, creditors, and others with timely, accurate and understandable information. The NorCal region has a current budget of $30 million with multiple federal, state, and private contracts and grants as well as several sub grantees. The Senior Finance Coordinator will be located in either the Sacramento, Turlock, Oakland, or San Jose office and will report to the Northern California’s Director of Finance.
· Ensure office compliance with IRC’s accounting policies vis-à-vis fund accounting as noted in IRC’s finance manual and generally accepted accounting principles.
· Work with Director of Finance to review all accounting transactions to ensure proper coding and enter all transactions into IRC’s accounting software.
· Prepare journal entries to record HQ transactions in the regional office accounting software.
· Support the Director of Finance with facilitation of any external or internal audit.
· Work with Director of Finance to prepare financial reports to various donors as per contractual obligations. Submit reports to the donors after obtaining sign off from the Director of Finance.
· Sending the monthly report to Director of Finance with any suggested actions along with any discrepancies.
· Work with resettlement & employment team to ensure all financial aspects meet IRC compliance requirements
· Data entry and processing the payment through accounting system
· Review and manage the resettlement & employment program for the financial aspects such as reviewing the client’s financial ledger; supporting documents, generate report and processing the reconciliation
· Upload the budget for the new grant to Integra
· Follow up with donors on the A/R.
· Ensure compliance with IRC’s Financial Internal Control procedures.
· Review current service agreements for cost effectiveness and recommend changes as appropriate.
· Maintain grant and contract files for all programs.
· Assist the Director of Finance in other areas as required.
· Other duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Director of Finance
Indirect Reporting: None
· Undergraduate degree in a related field such as Accounting or Finance
· 5+ years of nonprofit accounting/financial management experience
· Solid computer-based accounting skills; experience with SUN preferred
· Proficient in Microsoft Office software
· Proven ability to work as a team member in a cross-cultural environment;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines; and
· Ability to effectively work in face paced environment.
• Standard office environment.
• Flexibility to travel throughout the Northern California region as needed.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement****: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity****: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer****: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.