Senior Customer Service Officer (Fleet Centre) SC 10
Application deadline in 8 days: Sunday 16 May 2021
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WHY WORK AT WFP?
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES ❤ Make a difference the world will notice. We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
GLOBAL COMMUNITY 🌍 Build bridges that unite people across the world. Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives. How we deliver our mission in deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES 💡 Unlock possibilities you never thought you'd find. WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE ⭐ Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential. WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely find in many other organizations.
Join us to make a difference Watch this video to know more about us!! Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mzGbaRAhz8&feature=youtu.be
To support this lifesaving mission, WFP Fleet Centre in Dubai is mandated to centrally set the global standards for and manage the light and armoured vehicle fleet leasing operations to enable effective, safe and efficient fleets in all WFP offices across the world. The vehicle leasing & insurance service is complemented by world-class expertise and technical assistance in fleet management (including for armoured vehicles), fleet systems support, vehicle disposal, and road safety & fleet management training. In addition, having one of the largest humanitarian light vehicle fleets, WFP is also spearheading, through Fleet Centre, international collaboration efforts within the wider UN System to facilitate sister agency access to more effective and safer vehicles and to realize efficiency gains.
Serving as the trusted nexus between customers from over 80 countries and the Fleet Centre, the Senior Customer Service Officer is the client-facing ambassador for the daily operations of the Fleet Centre. She/he also plays a pivotal role in ensuring that the field needs (including in emergencies) are thoroughly understood and analyzed by the entire Customer Service Team, and that optimum, fit-for-purpose vehicle and fleet management solutions are identified at the most efficient rates.
Under the direct supervision of Head of Customer Service and Funds Management, the incumbent, who will also act as the Officer-In-Charge in the absence of the supervisor, will be required to perform the below major functions.
Job Title: Senior Customer Service Officer (Fleet Centre)
Level: SC 10
Salary: Starting from AED 34,123.95 per month (inclusive of pension), plus medical insurance and other entitlements.
Duration of Employment: 12 months with possibility of extension
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Lead and stand accountable for the performance of the Customer Service team (Orders & Dispatches, Shipment, Vehicle Asset Management and Stock Management).
- Develop and lead implementation of the Customer Service and Client Engagement strategy and KPIs, ensuring alignment with Fleet Centre’s mission of enabling Effective, Safe, and Efficient customer fleets.
- Train, guide and direct the team towards achieving operational and Organizational goals in both short and long term, ensuring team members’ mastery of skills in communication, problem solving and professional etiquette.
- Forge and foster professional, effective liaisons externally and internally: with the Customers both within WFP family and the broader UN System, with major suppliers and partners, with Regional Bureaux and other HQ divisions, and within Fleet Centre.
- Represent Fleet Centre in contract negotiations with potential new clients, as required; make presentations to UN fora (e.g. UN Fleet Group; Fleet Forum), as required.
- Contribute to the Risk Review Process for Fleet Centre; identify risks, propose mitigation measures and stand accountable for implementing them. Contribute to the Budgeting Process for Fleet Centre, especially for Capital Budgeting for Vehicles, leasing revenues, etc.
- Continuously monitor that Fleet Centre Portal adequately serves as an effective and efficient platform for client communications and transactions; conceptualize and propose to the Supervisor improvements in the Portal.
- Develop, review and update Standard Operating Procedures and other guidance; organize Webinars to introduce new procedures, systems and initiatives; provide training as required.
- Establish standard reports for Customer Service; analyse data; prepare periodic & ad hoc reports
- Other as required.
DELIVERABLES AND REPORTING
- Strategies & processes in place to ensure high customer satisfaction level and met KPIs
- Reports established and submitted on a timely basis
- Standard Operating Procedures in place and adhered to
- Vehicle Stock Management optimized to meet regular and emergency needs
- Timely Capital Budget preparation (for vehicles) & capital asset reconciliation reporting
- Customer Service Process Risk Management Plan in place and implemented
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: University degree in Business or related field.
Experience: At least 8 years of progressively responsible working experience with reputed entities, preferably within the automotive sector, in an international Customer Service role.
Language: Excellent command of professional English (written, spoken, and oral comprehension). Arabic, Spanish or French an advantage.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Utilizes understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives to communicate linkages to team objectives and work.
- Be a force for positive change: Proactively identifies and develops new methods or improvements for self and immediate team to address work challenges within own work area.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Identifies opportunities to further align individual contributions with WFP’s mission of making an impact on local communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Helps colleagues to see the link between their individual tasks and the contributions of their unit’s goals to the broader context of WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Is able to identify, support and encourage focused on-the-job learning opportunities to address gaps between current skillsets and needed future skillsets for WFP.
- Create an inclusive culture: Recognizes the contributions of teammates, and encourages contributions from culturally different team mates to recognise the value of diversity above and beyond just including it in programming for beneficiaries.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Provides and solicits ongoing constructive feedback on strengths and development opportunities to help develop individual skills, whilst also helping others identify areas for improvement.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear targets for self and others to focus team efforts in ambiguous situations (e.g., unprecedented issues and/or scenarios)
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Thinks beyond team’s conventional approaches to formulate creative methods for delivering food aid and assistance to beneficiaries.
- Focus on getting results: Maintains focus on achieving individual results in the face of obstacles such as volatile or fragile environments and/or organizational roadblocks.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes personal accountability for upholding and delivering upon team’s commitments and provides assurance to stakeholders.
- Be Decisive: Demonstrates ability to adjust to team’s plans and priorities to optimize outcomes in light of evolving directives, while also responding quickly in high-pressure environments, such as in emergency settings.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Demonstrates an understanding of when and how to tactfully engage other units in conversations on impact, timing, or planning.
- Build strong external partnerships: Networks regularly with key external partners using formal and informal opportunities to understand each partner’s unique value proposition, and to build and strengthen relationships.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Demonstrates ability to adapt engagement approach in the context of evolving partner circumstances and expectations.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Demonstrates ability to articulate to internal and external audiences the value that individual contributions and immediate teams bring to partnerships.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level Business Support Services & Reporting Establishes strategic direction and policies that expertly align to local needs and the Programme’s strategic objectives. Promotes the strategic value of impactful reporting in supporting well-informed decisions making. Internal Controls & Risk Management for Administration and Engineering Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of internal controls and proper accounting procedures and systems to recommend improvements where necessary to address current weaknesses, mitigate risks to mission-critical WFP operations and maximise client satisfaction. Resource Management for Administration and Engineering Oversees staffing for HQ and Field resources at the programme level, taking resource usage trends and forecasting data into account. Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services Applies expert knowledge of administration best practice, concepts and principles and advanced understanding of WFP standards, processes and infrastructure to manage optimisation across the entire organisation, and to drive technological and process improvements which position WFP as a pioneer in administrative services. Customer Focus Proactively monitors performance and delivers high quality service to meet the needs of customers, requesting customer feedback and taking ownership of customer problems that arise. Pre-empts needs of customers based on experience.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in leading teams.
- Experience in managing diverse customer interfaces.
- Strong analytical, reporting and presentation skills.
- Proven on-the-job coaching and communication skills; tact coupled with professional assertiveness.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel.
- Experience in ERP systems desired.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The United Nations World Food Programme is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified female candidates and UAE Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only those candidates shortlisted will be notified.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
16 May 2021.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.