Fleet System and Optimization Coordinator P3 - Dubai, UAE
Application deadline in 16 days: Monday 20 Feb 2023 at 00:59 UTCOpen application form
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Are you an experienced Fleet Management Specialist interested in further developing your professional experience while contributing to ending global hunger? Are you passionate about helping those in need? Would you like to join an international organisation investing in its people?
If so, an exciting & fulfilling career awaits you! Join our diverse and passionate team that works on varied and international projects directly contributing to saving & changing millions of lives around the globe.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications must be submitted by Sunday, February 19th, 2023 (11:59 PM CET).
WHO WE ARE
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
WHY JOIN US?
- WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse and multicultural working environment
- WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of trainings, accreditation, coaching, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities
- A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe
- We offer an attractive compensation package (please refer to the Terms and Conditions section)
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies, and working with communities in more than 100 countries to improve nutrition and build resilience. To support this mission, WFP Fleet Centre in Dubai, UAE, is mandated to centrally manage WFP’s light and armored vehicle leasing, fleet management and systems support, insurance cover, and advanced driver training services, to enable WFP offices globally to operate effective, safe, and efficient fleet.
The position is responsible for management and development of WFP fleet systems including the corporate Fleet Management System “FleetWave” (FMS), Vehicle Tracking System (VTS), Fleet Portal, and future corporate business intelligence dashboards of the Fleet Systems. Additionally, the position's responsibilities include providing remote and on-site fleet management technical support to WFP Country offices.
This position is based in the WFP Fleet Centre Dubai, reporting to the Head of Fleet Management Unit.
The Fleet system and optimization coordinator will also be deployed to emergency operations to independently set up and manage fleet operations as required.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Set up best practices and establish proficient asset control mechanisms using WFP’s Corporate Fleet Systems (FMS and VTS).
- Administer Fleet Systems by supporting the global users on accurate data entries, solving and analysing the system issues, liaising with the service provider, updating the master records, and providing the users with the access to FMS, ensuring the right access levels according to the users’ profiles.
- Monitor the use of fleet systems by CO Fleet Teams. Analyse the accuracy of data and support country office fleet teams to improve reporting (timely, accurate and complete) so that all the costs for light vehicles and other relevant machinery are registered correctly in FMS to produce the correct cost performance of the global fleets of vehicles and generators, analysing, and correcting mistakes, making
- Ensure that the correct overhead costs are captured and distributed appropriately to each asset in the country on a monthly basis.
- Implement the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), benchmark them, and design and produce reports/journals containing the KPIs to the management on a monthly/quarterly basis, with recommendations for subsequent informed management decisions.
- Develop and update user manual/training materials for fleet systems and provide on/off-site technical trainings to the countries under normal operations as well as emergencies.
Plan, oversee, and ensure a seamless integration of the new and current VTS service providers platform for the whole lifecycle of the current VTS devices that may be in use up to the vehicles' lifespan, which is between 5 and 8 years.
Plan, organize and supervise the work of Fleet Systems team to ensure that tasks are accomplished in a manner consistent with country offices’ needs, expectations, and Fleet Center objectives
- Develop and maintain Fleet System dashboards that give COs and RBs access to interactive reports, real-time key performance indicators (KPIs), and high-level business intelligence analytics for higher level managers at fleet center, COs and RBs.
- Coordinate and liaise with fleet system service providers and other relevant WFP stakeholders for COs, RBs and other Fleet Center users to ensure fleet systems development needs and requests are properly evaluated and handled promptly and effectively.
- Ensure the fleet systems team's periodic reports and data visualizations on dashboards are in accordance with the requirements of the country offices and the fleet center.
- Ensure effective coordination with other units, MSD branches, Global Fleet system team and UN Fleet to align activities and maximize collaboration in the digitalization’s and corporate system integration.
- Ensure the license agreements with the fleet systems service providers are up to date, analyzing the liabilities of WFP and liaising with relevant WFP units e.g., Legal department, procurement.
- Provide technical fleet management support to WFP Country Offices (COs) and Regional Bureaus (RBs) for effective implementation of corporate fleet management policies, manuals, and directives.
- Develop, maintain, and oversee the fleet manual, fleet management training materials, and fleet optimization procedures and tools (fleet optimization score cards, checklists etc.)
- Develop projects and ideas for fleet management improvement that would help to successfully implement fleet optimization recommendations and address problems found during oversight missions or through the findings of fleet systems reports and analysis.
- Provide fleet management, fleet systems and fleet optimization training for WFP fleet managers and fleet specialists that serve at FC, RBs and COs level
- Perform other related duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY REQUIREMENTS
- University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, Transport Economics
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing/ operating humanitarian fleet management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the fleet systems projects management or fleet system analysis and/or database management
- Minimum 5 years humanitarian operation field experience to understand field operational objectives
- Fluency (level C) in the English language
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, Spanish, French, Russian, and/or Portuguese would be an asset
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Strong project management, organizational, and planning skills.
- Strong analytical, creative and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at all levels
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment.
- Contribute to the creation of an information-sharing environment, collaborate, and cooperate with all team members
- Strong knowledge and skills in Fleet management and Fleet systems (Preferably FleetWave) and Vehicle tracking systems
- Advanced skills in Excel and other data visualization and management software.
- Skills in Enterprise Resource Planning software (e.g., SAP) are desirable.
- Strong knowledge of WFP corporate systems and tools in Administration
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK
These are the common standards of behaviour that guide HOW we work together to accomplish our mission.
Leads by Example with Integrity Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork Applies Strategic Thinking Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships Lives the WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others
Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change
Is inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth
Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things
Builds and nurtures external partnerships and collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives
Different expectations of behaviour are defined depending on your grade and role/responsibilities within WFP.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
A Limited Fixed-Term Appointment (LFT) position is a non-mobile staff appointment in the international professional category for a limited period of up to 2 years.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package in line with ICSC standards (http://icsc.un.org) including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, visa, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, a pension plan, and medical insurance.
The selected candidate will be required to relocate to Dubai, UAE to take up this assignment.
REMINDERS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, language skills and UN Grade (if applicable)
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Please make sure you upload your professional CV in the English language
- Kindly note the only documents you will need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter
- Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time
- Please contact us at [email protected] in case you face any challenges with submitting your application
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.