Senior Accounts Associate - Warehouse (GS-7), FT, Accounting & Invoice Certification Unit, FMC, SD-Cph
Application deadline in 7 days: Monday 27 Sep 2021 at 21:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a G-7 contract. This kind of contract is known as General Service and related categories. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 7 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be more than 5,088 USD per month.
Salary for a G-7 contract in CopenhagenThe salary of a G-7 depends on the duty station. The minimum salary there is 32,269 DKK (~5,088 USD)
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about G-7 contracts.
Senior Accounts Associate - Warehouse (GS-7),
Accounting & Invoice Certification Unit, Financial Management Centre
UNICEF Supply Division, Copenhagen
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
UNICEF Supply Division in Copenhagen is seeking a highly motivated Senior Accounts Associate to support the Accounting and Invoice Certification Unit.
For Every Child…a commitment
The position is placed in Accounting and Invoice Certification Unit (AICU) in the Financial Management Centre (FMC) where under the overall supervision of Accounting Manager, the incumbent of the position will provide support on financial records of UNICEF Supply Division and UNICEF mainly but not limited to the warehouse area including preparation and development of inventory related reporting and analysis, with focus on standartisation and simplification of processes.
How Can You Make a Difference?
Under general guidance of the Accounting Manager (AICU), you will ensure that procedures are in place to support timely and accurate reporting of UNICEF Supply Division’s financial position.
You will support the Warehouse Accounting and Accounting and Invoice Certification team’s work areas ensuring accurate recording of transactions in line with UNICEF’s Financial Rules and Regulations. Further timely and thorough completion and recording of financial transactions, follow up on and finalization of the pending items and compliance with IPSAS accounting principles and procedures.
You will also be accountable to perform general ledger analysis, and develop other processes, where applicable, contributing to accuracy of financial records in addition you will be also responsible for making recommendations for process improvements relating to the area of responsibility.
- Performing daily, month-end, quarterly, and year-end transactions and activities, for warehouse related processes and other processes as required
- Monthly closure of books as per predefined timelines covering warehouse month-end procedures, and others as required
- Development and documentation of warehouse monthly closure processes and procedures (as per guidance received from DFAM, where applicable)
- Analysis, interpretation and reconciliation of general ledger accounts as required
- Develop and ensure proper documentation of internal control over accounting transactions
- Identify and recommend system and process improvements identified in relation to the area of responsibility
- Identify training needs, develop training activities in the area of responsibility
- Under guidance of Accounting Manager (AICU) lialise with DFAM and Chief of FMAC on warehouse related and other processes, as and where applicable
- Contributes to the regular review of business processes, manuals and release note, and divisional and centre procedures
- Any other duties or assignments as requested by the supervisor
To qualify as a Champion for every Child you will have…
- Secondary education, preferably supplemented with commercial college certificate in accounting and/or university level courses in accounting, business or finance.
- Accounting qualification in ACCA, CPA, CIMA or equivalent diplomas in accounting, business administration, financial management, economics or equivalent is preferred.
- A minimum of seven (7) broad accounting experience, preferably in an international / governmental (non-profit) organization in a highly computerized environment; and preferably experience in warehouse accounting area is required.
- Proven record in process development, documentation and implementation is desired.
- Shown experience in working in advanced MS Excel required.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and standards is desired.
- Experience in the areas of project management and systems development would be an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
- Valid work permit and residency in Denmark at the time of submitting the application. Note that the selected candidate is responsible for obtaining any required extension of their residence permit as such an extension cannot be dependent on an employment with UNICEF.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
Core competencies (Level I)
- Builds and maintains partnership
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to Achieve results for impact
- Innovates and embraces change
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works collaboratively with others
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- The closing date is 27 September 2021. Kindly note that all applications should be in English and that applications outside of the online recruiting system will not be accepted. Kindly also note that diversity and gender balance are factors in the selection process.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.