Project Manager, Global ERP
B****ackground/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities that support them, as well as with those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IT department provides end-to-end solutions for the organization including application development & integration, system deployment, user experience and change management, quality assurance & testing, and overall Project Management in an effort to help the organization determine and implement the best solutions for its business needs.
The Project Manager, Global ERP Program will be part of the project management team (which includes other Project Managers) responsible for supporting the currently ongoing delivery of a multi-year global implementation and organizational integration of IRC’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system solution, Microsoft Dynamics 365 for operations. The scope of the program, which has been branded “Integra”, includes both technology and business transformation across the domains of Financial Management, Supply Chain Management and Grants/Awards Management.
In this role, the Project Manager will help support Project Management required for the ERP system functional and technical design and implementation. This position will be required to use Agile Project Management best practices to successfully execute program workstreams. This includes supporting proper product backlog management, sprint planning, task management, etc.
They will help coordinate the planning and execution of integrated solution design, configuration, development and testing tasks. This includes the technology architecture, related business processes, communications and training required for the design and roll out to be successful. This requires coordination of both internal IRC staff and external implementation partners.
In close partnership with Finance, Supply Chain, Awards Management Unit (AMU) Business Owners and field leadership, this position is responsible for helping supporting project management activities required for the implementation of standardized global business processes across the organization.
The individual will work in collaboration with other Project Managers, Information Technology and Business Leadership to manage technical, functional and change work streams as well as establish and maintain an integrated approach that ensures all functional areas work seamlessly together.
This role reports to the Senior Project Manager, Global ERP Program. They will coordinate with other workstream Project Managers as well as technical and functional Core Team members.
This position will support the development and management of existing project documentation, including project schedules, weekly and monthly status reports, presentations, risk logs, action logs, issue logs, etc. The project is utilizing Agile Project management practices, experience in this area is preferred. In addition, the Project Manager will work proactively to gather information required for analysis of project cost, resources, time and other project supporting deliverables.
- Supports the maintenance of integrated Project Plan and Product Backlog: Develops, and continually updates, detailed program management plans and product backlog. Develops work breakdown structures based on the project objectives and scope. Ensures the system implementation methodology is adhered to. - Manages Workstream Project Status Reporting: Prepares status reports to convey project scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests, and critical issues to the client and project team. - Participates in Project Cost Estimation, Ongoing Budget Tracking and Vendor Invoicing: Provides oversight of budget tracking and invoicing. Assists in developing costs estimates and analyzing data. - Performs Project Resource Management for Assigned Workstreams: Monitors project resource requirements and staff assignments. Checks for staff availability. Updates the project plan with work assignments. - Conducts Risk Management: Maintains documentation for identified risks and mitigation strategies. Proactively gathers and updates risk status and documentation as needed. - Supports Stakeholder Management: Works with technology and business owners to analyze stakeholder expectations for projects based upon approved project requirements. - Supports the Management of Project Business Analysis Tasks: Works with project team members and stakeholders to anticipate and manage business and technical analysis work done as part of the project, e.g., definition and management of technical and functional requirements, current and future state business process definition, testing, etc. - Provides Overall Project Administration: Participates in program team meetings, proactively documents meeting minutes, track issues, decisions and action items, and follow-up between meetings to drive issues to closure. - Conducts Other Tasks as Needed: Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned
Key Working Relationships:
- Maintains a productive working relationship with other Project Managers, business owners, project sponsors, system users, and vendors. - Interacts with project owners, senior technical personnel, and other functional or support organizations.
Position Reports to: Senior Project Manager, Global ERP Program Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Headquarters & Global Offices Teams – multiple departments
- Project Business Owners, business project team members outside IT, and wider stakeholders
- Project Sponsor and Steering Committee members
- Vendors and Consultants
Experience / Education
- Four or more years of experience related to systems implementation and operations project management, finance or supply chain system related experience is preferred. - Bachelor’s Degree - Knowledge of Agile Project Management practices and/or program management certification preferred
Skills / Competencies
- Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated track record of applying program management principles, practices and techniques with a strong results orientation. Experience with Agile project management practices will be preferred. - Experience using project management software tools, such as MS DevOps, Jira, and other tools, to effectively lead, manage, monitor and control project activities. - Ability to develop positive partnerships with both the technology and business use communities. Self-motivated and a problem solver who can assess and develop strategies for achieving the needs of the user community. - Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Ability to speak to technical-level staff and develop written reporting and presentational content with level-appropriate messaging up to and including the senior executive level. - Preferred knowledge of financial and supply chain operational process flows (i.e., order to cash, procure to pay, record to report), both conceptually and within an ERP system.
- The position will report into the NYC Headquarters; this position can work remotely from any IRC US location
· COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, Egalite, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.