Programme Associate Monitoring and Evaluation, Bogotá, Colombia GS6, Fixed Term
Application deadline 4 months ago: Wednesday 28 Sep 2022 at 04:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a G-6 contract. This kind of contract is known as General Service and related categories. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 6 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be more than 1,636 USD.
Salary for a G-6 contract in BogotáThe salary of a G-6 depends on the duty station. The minimum salary there is 7,675,000 COP (~1,636 USD)
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about G-6 contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
At UNICEF COLOMBIA we work to generate positive changes in the lives of children and adolescents. Our current work plan runs from 2015 to the end of 2019 and aims to ensure that children and adolescents enjoy their rights through equitable access to social services, improve their learning and live protected from all types of violence.
We work throughout Colombia, with special focus on the departments where children have fewer opportunities: Chocó, Cauca, Nariño, Antioquia, Córdoba, Amazonas, Putumayo, La Guajira and Caquetá.
For more information visit the following link:
How can you make a difference?
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision and guidance of the supervisor, the programme associate supports the respective section through providing a range of procedural, administrative, programme and operational support in developing, implementing, executing and monitoring the Humanitarian Action Plan in Atlantico, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Support to programme development, planning and execution.
- Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
- Support in resource mobilization
- Support in knowledge management and capacity building
- Support in Technical assistance to strengthen the develop of the Humanitarian action plan in Atlantico.
- Contribution and support provided to build and reinforce commitment and institutional and communities’ capacities of the national and local partners.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant professional experience in one of the areas worked in UNICEF, field experience is required.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Good level of English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Good analytical skills.
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other UNICEF software such as SharePoint
- High attention to detail.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative, and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
FIND THE COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION HERE:
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values are Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability & Sustainability
The Core competencies required for the post are:·
• Builds and maintains partnerships (L2)
• Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness (L2)
• Drive for results with impact (L2)
• Innovates and embraces change (L2)
• Manages ambiguity and complexity (L2)
• Thinks and acts strategically (L2)
• Working collaboratively with others (L2)
• Nurtures, leads and manage people (L1)
View our competency framework at:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.