Programme Associate, GS-6, UNICEF Vientiane, Lao PDR
Application deadline 3 months ago: Wednesday 19 Oct 2022 at 10:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a G-6 contract. This kind of contract is known as General Service and related categories. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 6 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be more than 990 USD.
Salary for a G-6 contract in VientianeThe salary of a G-6 depends on the duty station. The minimum salary there is 990 USD
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about G-6 contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
he United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in Vientiane, Lao PDR, requires an experienced and qualified Lao National to fill the position of Temporary Appointment (TA)/Programme Associate, level: GS-6, to be based in UNICEF Country Office in Vientiane, Lao PDR.
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks:
Within the delegated authority and under the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be assigned the primary, shared, or contributory accountabilities for all or part of the following areas of major duties and key end-results.
- Assists in collecting data and other information on programme and project activities and/or subject matters of relevance to the Communication section.
- Organizes data and information, prepares and maintains records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation. Maintains, logs, files, and updates records in prescribed format for subsequent use.
- Processes and examines information and data in accordance with instructions received, making necessary abstracts and computations. Contributes to the preparation of reports, project documents and submissions to governments by providing information, preparing tables and drafting relatively routine sections.
- Provides back-up support to the Chief of Communication Section, if required, provides other secretarial support to both units, e.g. notes taking, drafting of routine correspondence, translation of incoming and outgoing correspondence, arrangement of appointments.
- Summarizes information reflecting current obligations and future programmed and/or budgetary implication. Assist in elaboration in VISION of for instance PRQs, SRQs, and TAs. Assists in the administrative process of government requests for assistance.
- Maintains and keeps current registers and control plans on the status of projects at the formulation, implementation and operational stages. May be required to carry out specific administrative operational/control tasks for project/programme activities.
- Assists in the preparations for meetings, workshops and programme reviews, and in the conduct of the same.
- Responsible for monitoring of daily newspapers, and providing a clipping service on issues related to UNICEF and development, via circulated clips and posting to UNICEF main notice board.
- Assists with the logistic and administrative arrangements for special events including visits of media, goodwill ambassadors, donors, National Committees and other special interest groups. Prepares briefing kits and other materials as required.
- Assists with planning and management of field trips by media, obtaining clearances, visas, providing interpreting and support to other administrative matters to counterparts as required.
- Maintain an up-to-date documentation centre for communication materials including publications, press releases and clippings, photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources etc.
To qualify as a champion and advocate for every child, you will have…
Qualifications and experience:
University Degree in a field related to the work of the organization. Ability to operate word processing, other computer skills.
Minimum seven years of office experience, including record keeping and processing of information.
Fluent in English and Lao is required.
Knowledge of French and/or other UN language is desirable.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability (CRITA) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.