Program Assistant (Emergency Response)
Application deadline 7 months ago: Wednesday 9 Feb 2022 at 23:59 UTCOpen application form
This is a DRC - National contract. More about DRC - National contracts.
Employment Grade : I
Reporting to: ER Officer
Direct reports: N/A
Location: : Nertiti with frequent travels and permanence in various localities of Central Darfur State
Authorization level: N/A
Overall purpose of the role:
Under the direct supervision of the ER Officer, the ER Assistant will contribute to the implementation of DRC Sudan activities for Emergency Response, in the assigned area of responsibility: assessment and support to targeted communities in various locations of Central Darfur State; in accordance with approved methodologies and tools and in line with DRC and donor policies and guidelines. The ERs TL shall be based in Nertiti but will share his/her time among DRC other bases in Central Darfur: Um Dukhun and Golo, as well as other key locations (such as Garsila, Wadi Salih, Zalingei) as required by the situation. Interventions in neighboring States may be considered as well.
Responsibilities and Tasks
To achieve the overall and specific position’s objectives the job holder tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting ER FO in conducting rapid needs assessments in the using tools and methodologies provided by DRC
- Upon guidance and under supervision of ER FO, assist him/her on the follow‑up rehabilitation and installation works in targeted communities
- Follow‑up community resilience activities based on Project Management Committees and Peace Building Committees.
- Support ER Team Leader on liaison issues and in establishing favorable contacts and links with humanitarian and non‑humanitarian actors in the , including HAC
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least graduated 12th, university degree in Social Sciences or technical subject is desirable.
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience within a humanitarian organization, prior experience in Emergency Response and working with IDP/Refugee communities is desirable
- Experience in community mobilization. Cash Based Assistance, Monitoring and evaluation and/or experience of survey and assessment is an advantage
- Good knowledge of the area
- Good experience of working directly with Sudanese Government and local authorities
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and basic report writing ability
At least high school degree, university degree is preferred (technical faculties)
- English is an advantage
- Darfur local languages are an advantage
- Internal: Area Manager; ER TL
- External: Other Humanitarian Partners, HAC, local authorities