Procurement Associate, GS-6, Health Technology Center, UNICEF Supply Division, Copenhagen, Denmark
Application deadline 7 months ago: Wednesday 22 Jun 2022 at 21:55 UTCOpen application form
This is a G-6 contract. This kind of contract is known as General Service and related categories. It is normally only for nationals. It usually requires 6 years of experience, depending on education.
The salary for this job should be more than 4,371 USD.
Salary for a G-6 contract in CopenhagenThe salary of a G-6 depends on the duty station. The minimum salary there is 30,135 DKK (~4,371 USD)
Please keep in mind that the salary displayed here is an estimation by UN Talent based on the location and the type of contract. It may vary depending on the organization. The recruiter should be able to inform you about the exact salary range. In case the job description contains another salary information, please refer to this one.More about G-6 contracts.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, dedication
The position is located within the Health Technology Centre (HTC) in Supply Division. Through applied technical, contractual and operational expertise, HTC supports UNICEF country programmes and procurement services partners.
The role will be providing effective contracting services to customers, with special focus on procurement of HTC material groups, including but not limited to Personal Protective Equipment, with the overall goal of meeting the needs and requirements of UNICEF programs and partners globally.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of a Contracts Officer, performs all procurement activities in compliance with the UNICEF Financial Rules and Regulations, Supply Division Manual and other applicable procurement procedures including:
- Undertakes and Administers market research. Identifies and follows up with potential suppliers of emergency response products, gathering required data, forwarding to technical colleagues for evaluation.
- Monitors warehouse stock levels and in consultation with UNICEF Warehouse and Inventory Management Center (WIMC) issues replenishment orders.
- Maintains database for product sources. Contacts and follows up new sources directly or through trade agencies or professional and technical organizations. Extracts, indexes or records information from catalogues, price lists, etc. and analyses against current purchasing data.
- Drafts and prepares international tender invitations; Assists with tender evaluation, award recommendations and preparation of Contracting Review Committee (CRC) submissions; Maintains communication in frame of the tenders.
- Processes Contractual and Procurement Service (PS) workloads, Drafts and prepares Purchase Orders and Cost Estimates (CE); Assists with and prepares Long Term Agreements and Direct Order Arrangements.
- Monitors and expedites the contractual and PS workloads. Pro-actively expedites and follows up on placed orders, CEs and deliveries with all involved parties to ensure timely acceptance and delivery of goods. Transmits all relevant information to suppliers and customers including changes to planned deliveries, to facilitate delivery and customs clearance of shipments. Prepares and provides timely and regular status / monitoring reports to customers.
- Reviews and evaluates incoming supply requisitions and requests to ensure quality and adequacy of information, specifications, appropriateness of requests, quantities, shipment, delivery dates, budgets.
- Monitors financial releases related to price quotations, timely and accurately processes sales documents. Prepares UNICEF Program and PS Sales Orders, as well as warehouse replenishment Purchase Requisitions. Follows up on the progress of Sales Orders and Purchase Requisitions to ensure that UNICEF commitments on those sales documents are met.
- Updates databases and information management systems for use by UNICEF Headquarters, Field Offices, and Regional Offices.
- Prepares evaluation of suppliers with respect to Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Suppliers Scorecards. Initiates vendor financial evaluation requests.
- Maintains procurement documentation filing and contractual transaction processing in accordance with UNICEF guidelines and divisional procedures
Any other duties or assignments as requested by the supervisor.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education.
- At least six years relevant working experience, in a procurement function, from an administrative function in a commercial working environment.
- Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP systems experience.
- Proficient user level skills in MS Excel, Word, Power Point
- Fluency in English.
- Valid work permit and residency in Denmark at the time of submitting the application. Note that the selected candidate is responsible for obtaining any required extension of their residency permit as an extension cannot be dependent on an employment with UNICEF
- Technical or University level courses in business related subjects
- Experience with procurement of medical equipment or in vitro diagnostics
- Proficiency in additional UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) or Danish
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and the core competencies required for this position as follows:
Core competencies skills
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Innovates and embraces change
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Works collaboratively with others
To view our competency framework, please click here: here
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children.
Please note that this vacancy notice may be used to fill other positions at similar responsibility levels.
The closing date is 22 June 2022 . Please be informed that all applications to UNICEF are handled via UNICEF's online recruiting system. You can apply to the above position by creating your profile, and application at our web site: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index.php. Kindly note that all applications should be in English and that applications outside of the online recruiting system will not be accepted. Kindly also note that diversity and gender balance are factors in the selection process. Queries can be directed to Mi Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us at www.unicef.org/supply/