Application deadline 8 months ago: Wednesday 21 Jun 2023 at 00:00 UTCOpen application form
This is a UNV National Youth contract. This kind of contract is known as National UN Volunteer. It is normally only for nationals. More about UNV National Youth contracts.
The Operations Associate is required for Aden field office which is the largest field office of YCO with over 70 staff members covering the Governorates under the IRG control with outposts in Mukalla and Marib. The Operations Associate will be exposed to an international, fast past and dynamic team at Aden Field Office and will be required to cover the functions of admin, finance, ICT, supply and Logistic.
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Operations Specialist or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Operations Associate will: work closely with operations team of Aden field office by performing the following tasks and will cover any gape in the operations team for the smooth operations activities in the Aden field office. ICT: He/ She will support ICT officer on ICT functions and will provide back up during his absence on ground support. Following are the key tasks are expected to be performed. • Assist in Providing ICT help and support to Aden staff • Assist in managing emergency telecommunication operations and equipment • Provide technical and operational support to Aden end-users Share local experience and lessons learned with Aden staff • Support Aden office business continuity plans development and ensure the inclusion of ICT inputs and perspective. Finance: He/she will work closely with finance team and will provide support on below tasks.
• Print payments run & DP- cash modality transfer requests, attach them with the respective supporting documents, review them, get them signed and then send to bank. • Update the Form A tracker when sending the documents to the bank and when receiving Form Bs from bank. • Update the payment tracker after sending to bank. • Send emails with bank all transactions and share safe link for the documents. • After receiving the Proof of Payments, send email to PAs attaching the transfer numbers. • Ensure all processed transfer orders are signed and stamped received by the bank and properly archived. • With the support of ULC- staff scan all hard copies of transfer order to the bank and ensure they are uploaded to the share point. • Archiving all documentation as required. Admin: He/ she will actively be involved with admin colleagues to provide support on assets, office supplies and consumable management which will not limited to below tasks.
• Process operations invoices to finance and update the invoice tracker.
• Support on admin services request form the team.
• Handle mobiles and SIM cards allotted for Aden Office.
• Archiving Administrative documents like invoices, fuel reports, maintenance reports, etc.
• Dispatch and receive pouches, and draft correspondences for office.
Logistic and supplies: he/she will work with logistic supplies team on shipping, custom clearance, warehousing, transportation and procurement. It will include
• Review all shipments documents for any mistakes or any missing documents.
• Support in providing Landing permits to all UNICEF's Air shipments through direct coordination with the Office of Meteorology and Civil Aviation in Aden.
• Follow up and support all Clearance agents on the ground with government facilities, Shipping agents and Aden port.
• Facilitate all road permits of UNICEF shipments (Aden & Salalah).
• Follow up and Coordinate with transport companies and trucks drivers to deliver the shipments to destination. • Review and follow up on each goods receipt. • Follow up with program colleagues for acknowledgement of receipt for each WB that we received from the carrier company after delivered the supplies to the beneficiary • Coordinate with our warehousing services provider (ALNADA, GLOBAL SURVEY) regarding the condition of warehouse’s spaces and stock situation. • Follow up with WH team for any offload and unload containers and trucks. • Support staff on PR, PO and low value procurement through PO and FCs • Follow up on delivery of items and invoice submission • Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
UNICEF values and competency Required (based on the updated Framework)
Core Values • Care • Respect • Integrity • Trust • Accountability
Core Competencies • Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1) • Works Collaboratively with others (1) • Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1) • Innovates and Embraces Change (1) • Thinks and Acts Strategically (1) • Drive to achieve impactful results (1) • Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
the field of office management, administration, finance, ICT, supply and logistic. - Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills; - Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team; - Flexible and open to learning and new experiences; - Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living conditions; - Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment
As this is a national UN Volunteer assignment, the UN Volunteer will be responsible for arranging his/her own housing and other living essentials. National UN Volunteers are part of the malicious insurance plan.